New baby after loss - To prepare or not?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amandab

New baby after loss - To prepare or not?

Postby amandab » Tue Jan 06, 2004 09:45 am

During our last pregnancy, DH and I had started preparing for Aidan's arrival. We bought nursery furniture, decorated the nursery and had a shower shcheduled. We lost Aidan a couple of weeks before the shower so we didn't have to worry about returning gifts or anything. But we do have the nursery that I look at all the time.

Before we got pregnant this time, DH and I decided that we wouldn't actually prepare for this baby at all. We actually worked out a big plan that we would register for everything, but not buy anything or have a shower until the baby arrived safe and sound. My DH was going to go buy the necessities off our registries before me and baby were released from the hospital.

But lately my friends have been getting more anxious to plan a shower for us, and I have been reading all the What to Expect books that have the long lists of everything you should have ready for baby before even leaving for the hospital. DH still doesn't want prepare or have a shower, but he says he will agree to that if I decide I want it.

I'm just torn. On the one hand, I hate the idea of buying and receiving things that we might not ever get to use. But I also hate the idea of DH having to run around buying all the necessities in those first few crazy days. And it doesn't help that I don't even really know what the necessities really are.

Any opinions or experiences would be so appreciated!

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04

Return to “Pregnant Again?”