Okay, who else is near Pittsburgh?

Okay, who else is near Pittsburgh?

Postby caryn » Wed Jun 21, 2006 06:31 pm

We'll be renting in Charleroi as of August 1, because DH has a job nearby. (Boy, housing is *cheap* compared to the East Valley in Phoenix, AZ...)

I'm looking forward to meeting up with locals!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Okay, who else is near Pittsburgh?

Postby molly419 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 09:05 pm

Caryn,

Glad to see you heading East. :) Will the move to PA be temporary? Let us know when you get settled in, and maybe some of us members can get together.
molly419

Postby youtan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Us Ohioans aren't too far away. Some of dh's family live near Pitt. We should definately meet up sometime!
youtan

Postby caryn » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Molly -- DH has taken a position at Cal U. So we're there for the forseeable future. I'll probably be back in Arizona a lot too, over the summer and winter breaks, to see family.

Tanya -- sounds good to me! I will be missing good Mexican food, and I see that the closest Chipotle (the only chain Mexican I could think of) is in Akron. Is that where you are? I can't remember, sorry...

Everyone else -- I know you're out there. I can see you reading. [:D] I don't bite. Seriously. I just meet people for coffee.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby hmoore » Sun Jun 25, 2006 09:28 am

Hi Caryn -

I live in York PA about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Pittsburgh. During football season I know that I want to bring hubby out to see a game or two. Maybe I can get together with you Pittsburgh members while I am out that way.
hmoore

Postby rosemary » Mon Jun 26, 2006 08:34 pm

Hi Caryn,

I am in Altoona, about 90 miles from The Burg - in fact, I'll be there tomorrow being tortured by teenager music at a concert. There is so much to do in Pittsburgh - are you familiar with the area at all? If not, I'll be glad to put together some great places to eat, shop, etc. It would be great to have the opportunity to meet you too!
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby missgamecock » Mon Jun 26, 2006 09:22 pm

I'm about 3 1/2 hours away in western NY. Melissa is moving to Akron when she has the baby.
missgamecock

Postby youtan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 01:11 pm

I'm in Columbus now - tho' I lived in Akron for 5 years.
youtan

Postby amiejo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 00:50 am

Caryn...I just missed you in Pittsburgh. We just moved this fall to NC from there. I hope you meet some nice people. I have friends who went to school at Cal U for School Psych (they were the job competition for us Duquesne grads). There are definately alot of great places to eat and things to do in Pittsburgh. You definately need to have a Primanti Bros sandwich. And if you like Mexican chain kinda resturants check out Don Pablos (really good chocolate volcano dessert too). Ther is also some 'burg type things that people dont always expect...like when you order a chicken or steak salad it most likely will come with fries on top. We visit the area pretty regularly but wont be up now until after I deliver this baby. I'm jealous...as much as I like it down here...I miss Pittsburgh!! Hope you get settled in nice and email me if you want any info on the area.
amiejo

Postby caryn » Sun Jul 16, 2006 08:21 pm

Amie, I will definitely email you for tips as soon as we get moved! People keep telling me that moving to the East Coast from the Southwest is like moving to a foreign country, and then they say, "Particularly if you're moving to Pittsburgh, because they speak a foreign language..."
caryn
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Pennsylvania