Get the Word Out:Brochure Distribution Spring 2006

Get the Word Out:Brochure Distribution Spring 2006

Postby jillmushet » Sat Feb 04, 2006 05:57 pm

Hi Everyone!

Lead by the wonderful Carol Hamilton, the PF's 'Get the Word Out' campaign is gaining speed. The cornerstone of this campaign is national brochure distribution.

This campaign relies so much on local efforts from our members!

We want all pregnant women to know the signs and symptoms of pe. These brochures give the signs and symptoms and more, so that women can recognize this disease. The brochures were made with the patient and doctor in mind.

This is the brochure so many of us wish we had received when we were newly pregnant.

The national office also has a letter written to the health professional to accompany a sample brochure. This letter addresses concerns a health professional may have in regards to the brochure.

We will discuss brochures at the picnic on the 18th at Steele Indian School Park. I will have samples on hand.

We would like members to ask doctors and other health professionals to keep a supply of these brochures and to distribute them.

Please post your questions and comments regarding the brochures.
jillmushet

Re : Get the Word Out:Brochure Distribution Spring 2006

Postby jillmushet » Sat Feb 04, 2006 06:06 pm

I approached the physician's assistant at my primary care office. At times, they diagnose a pregnancy and then send a woman on her way to the OB. The PA was glad to accept some brochures for these times.
jillmushet

Postby caryn » Sun Feb 05, 2006 01:26 pm

Have you got more brochures on hand? I have elaborate plans. :-)
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby jillmushet » Sun Feb 05, 2006 03:05 pm

We LOVE elaborate plans! [:D]

I have 5 brochures right now.

I have requested more from Jaime. I plan to have brochures with me at the picnic on the 18th.

Caryn, did you need them before the 18th? I would be happy to drop a few off to you this week.
jillmushet

Postby darcynulph » Sun Feb 05, 2006 03:28 pm

Caryn-

What is your plan? Is there anything we can do to help?
darcynulph

Postby jillmushet » Sun Feb 05, 2006 03:36 pm

Hey D'Arcy: Please post your efforts here as well! :)
jillmushet

Postby caryn » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:48 pm

Basically I was thinking I'd hit 2 OB offices a week to drop off a pamphlet to whomever would take it, then stop by them two weeks later to see if they wanted to order a certain number delivered per month, then keep visiting that office once every month or so until the OB had gotten a chance to review the pamphlet and have an opinion.

I was thinking all dressed up (normally I'm a jeans and t-shirt person, since I'm a Phoenician), with a clipboard to record their opinions/ orders and everything. [8D] But at the same time very low key, just professional. If they want to have 20 a month shipped from the PE Foundation I want to be able to take care of that for them, but I don't want to be pushy, just available. They certainly have schedules that might well preclude being able to check on our pamphlet during the first week, so I wanted to give them time to look at it plus make it really easy to order. I'll make up a spreadsheet so I can remember where I've been, and who wants what.

I don't think I can hit more than two a week, with a three year old most likely in tow. But I think it needs to be done. Then again, I am a fanatic.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Skip the clipboard and use a portfolio. LOL

timelessbeauty

Postby jillmushet » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Caryn: Your plan is very ambitious! I like your approach, and the spreadsheet will be important. Thank you for thinking of that.

I keep thinking that if we can get the brochures into a few prominent offices then the rest will follow. "Dr. Highly Prominent at 'Highly Prominent OB' distributes these brochures regularly! Now how many will you be taking?"

If anyone can approach professionally and knowledgably, Caryn, you can!

Did you want my remaining brochures right away?
jillmushet

Postby caryn » Wed Feb 08, 2006 01:26 am

quote:
Originally posted by jillmushet

Did you want my remaining brochures right away?

No; I'm still trying to compile a list. This is overly perfectionistic of me so I'm not going to make a very thorough list right now, but I do want to get about 5 OB offices in roughly one spot to start with -- cuts down on hauling around the toddler who just wants to get out and play!

I'll catch you at the park next Saturday instead.[:D]
caryn
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Arizona