Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Need Help !!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Need Help !!

Postby newmommymar04 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:52 am

Hello Everyone !!

Well...

I have a question I wanted to ask everyone. I am very confused. As many of you know, my doctor thought as of 2 weeks ago that I was developing PIH/PE.

I have been to the doctor once a week since then ( 2 times ) and I have been taking my blood pressure 3 times a day with a digital bp machine recommended by someone here ( it works great )

I am 24 weeks along now ( woo hooo ) 10 weeks to go until Im safe safe safe and my doctor feels comfortable delivering,

BUT....

Now my blood pressure is acting very wierd.
I have checked it the last 2 days and it has been the following
11/12 :
AM reading : 118/72 Pulse: 88
PM reading : 111/68 Pulse: 101 (was doing house work just before )

11/13
AM reading: 110/58 Pulse :89

Why is my blood pressure soooooo extremely low?
Am I going into the 2nd trimester dip in blood pressure 3 weeks before my 3rd trimester starts?

Why are my readings so low now? I havent changed anything about my diet etc.
And my machine is working fine ( had it checked).

Help!!

Christy
[:0]
newmommymar04

Re : Need Help !!

Postby sherry fisher » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:33 am

Hey Christy!
Did you get the same one I told ya about?
I would say it has alot to do with the increased blood flow right now in your second trimester, even though you are almost in your third. I think I heard someone say that it tends to go back up around 34 weeks!?! I could be wrong there. I would say, enjoy it while it lasts. As, it may not last long and you may see a spike at some point...maybe not! [?]

[

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
sherry fisher

Postby tahoe4 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 01:03 pm

I'm experiencing the same thing. My bp during the am and early afternoon is around 110/70 and my bp at night has been as low as 78/35, but normally it's arond 100/47. Why the low numbers at night, I'm wondering? I'd think that the night reading would be on the higher side from being active all day, but that's not the case. I'm going to the dr next week and I plan to ask all about this. I'll let you know what I find.
tahoe4

Postby newmommymar04 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 01:25 pm

yes I did get the same exact one you told me about! And my doctor seemed pleased that I got that one.

It works really well.

I went to the doctor and I go back on the 26th for more urine tests etc.
Lets hope that my BP stays down =) crossing fingers!!! I dont want to have this baby early.... so I will just have to keep a close eye.

My mom did pull out her baby book and diary when she was pregnant with me and I did find out her blood pressure pre-pregnancy was around what mine was pre pregnancy 130/80. and that her bp did go up some but never above 145/95 so... she had me 2 weeks late.
Maybe I will be just like my mom!

Of course.. my mom developed Hypertension at 28 and is on bp meds and has been for 20 years.

Im not as concerned about my health as I am the baby's but I do want to stay health so I can raise and care for the baby too.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I think I am in the 2nd trimester dip thing and hopefully that means my bp will just slightly raise after that ( like the books say )

Christy

newmommymar04

Return to Ask the Experienced