by momathelete (227 Posts), Mon Aug 30, 2004 09:08 pm
Hi, this is actually Glenn and not Michelle. I couldn't figure out how to log her off, tried on the "logout" above, but didn't work.
Anyway, after our first was born, Michelle's Dr. said it was unlikely pre-clampsia would happen again. So we made no permanent moves on the BC front.
Then our daughter was born ... at 29 1/2 weeks (our son was born at 28 1.2 wks) because of the pre-clampsia demon. At first we had decided to have Michelles tubes tied at the same time as the c-section, but when the time came we were both pretty upset about it and the Dr. said we were both not ready for that yet.
Our second daughter, who turned one on 06/30, made it to 37 weeks after multiple months of bedrest. This time during the c-section we did have Michelle's tubes tied. While there are times that we are sad about it, we know it was the right decision for us.
So, netting it all out, I would definetly not do anything permanent until you ***KNOW*** you are ready for it to be permanent. We have, by the grace of God, 3 beautiful children. I would not trade any of them in for anything. We wanted more, but we came to a spot where we just knew it was time to stop.
Moderator -On Bedrest
Interim Local Coordinator -Illinois
mom to Cole (HELP pregnancy, 28 wkr) 5 yrs old
Lainey (preE pregnancy, 29 wkr) 2 yrs old
Ella (PIH, 17 wks bedrest, 37 wkr) 1 yr old