Anyone in the Chicago area?

Anyone in the Chicago area?

Postby momathelete » Fri May 09, 2003 08:14 pm

I am in the suburbs of Chicago and would love to start a chapter here. Anyone else from that area??

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and now expecting third, on bedrest, have high blood pressure and would love to see this baby make it to my new goal of 32 weeks -May 24th. Due to perinatologist's suggestion, I am on C,E,B12,B6,Omega-3, iron, prenatal, calcium, baby aspirin and bp meds
momathelete

Re : Anyone in the Chicago area?

Postby carolh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:55 am

Hi Michelle -

I realize my response to your post is quite delayed but I've been going through this new state 'chapter' section and trying to monitor the posts and make responses. I've just recently taken on the role of helping to coordinate groups who are interested in starting a 'chapter' in their state or region and wondered whether you are still interested?

I know you've been a member for a long while and are the On Bedrest moderator. I also see that you have 3 little ones (!) and don't know if you still have the energy for yet another task! But, I wanted to at least reach out to you.

In case you are interested, as coordinator you would be the key contact person and would basically organize/lead the group's activities, communicate with the members in your area, and be the liaison to myself and the national office. We currently have 15 states/regions represented.

If you are interested in doing this, I'll set up a phone call with you to get some information and to answer any questions. If we're comfortable with everything and we agree to move forward, I would send you some coordinator documents and the list of registered members in your area for you to make contact with.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby carolh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 01:28 pm

Hi again Michelle!

Oooops! I have to apologize for sending the previous post to you before I realized that you are currently on my list of state coordinators for IL!! I'm trying to go through the list of states quickly before my son wakes up and at the moment my 4 year old daughter is endlessly distracting me!

I'd love for you to go to the Diva Network section and reply to my recent post (Calling all Divas) and let me know what's been going on with your group lately. I'm trying to catch up with everyone and try to get us all better connected.

Thanks!
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby jyn » Tue Sep 07, 2004 09:02 am

Michelle,
I live about an hour from the suburbs. I would love to increase awarness.

Jyn 30
DH Andy 33
Logan 8yrs preE 38 weeks
Aleck 4yrs preE 36 weeks
due 11/21/04 on partial bedrest since June full since August 19th
jyn

Postby cmartin04 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 09:20 pm

I'm from the Northern suburbs of Chicago. I would be willing to help start a chapter.

Lisa
Craig (DH)
Malena 30 wks 2/2/02 2 lbs. 15 oz. (Severe PE & HELLP)
cmartin04

Postby carolh » Tue Oct 12, 2004 09:42 pm

Jyn and Lisa -

Email me directly and we can talk about helping out in IL!

Look forward to talking to each of you,
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby momofgirls » Wed Mar 23, 2005 08:54 pm

quote:
Originally posted by momathelete

I am in the suburbs of Chicago and would love to start a chapter here. Anyone else from that area??

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and now expecting third, on bedrest, have high blood pressure and would love to see this baby make it to my new goal of 32 weeks -May 24th. Due to perinatologist's suggestion, I am on C,E,B12,B6,Omega-3, iron, prenatal, calcium, baby aspirin and bp meds

momofgirls

Postby momofgirls » Wed Mar 23, 2005 09:38 pm

Has anyone experienced high blood pressure for an extended period of time after delivery? If so, for how long and what was the treatment? I delivered 8 weeks ago and am still having bp issues.

Michelle
[/quote]
momofgirls

Postby deerhart » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:26 am

Michelle
My BP stayed elevated (130/80-140/90) for approximately 6-9 months pp after my first son was born and since my second pregnancy it has hoovered around 130/80 since then (much higher then the 120/60 I was 5 years ago hehe)

I have onyl been started on BP meds once last year, which caused an allergic reaction and I have done nothing since.

Erin

Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go
deerhart

Postby twinqtsdad » Sat Apr 23, 2005 06:32 am

Hi, from the western subs, any luck on getting a chicago area group going yet?
Yours Twolly, Steve Wenk
twinqtsdad

Next

Return to Illinois