New/Reply FAQ Members Login

How are fellow badgers?

Re : How are fellow badgers?

Postby mom2tori » Fri Dec 29, 2006 00:03 am

I don't know my way around Madison but my mom works there so I always ask her if I need to go somewhere there. I was worried about the permits you might need there. Hope we can figure something out. If we can't we can always move the walk right?
mom2tori

Postby kara » Fri Dec 29, 2006 06:18 am

Ok, so here is another idea. If we have the wat at a school or church we probably wouldn't need any permits. I have an elementary school 2 blocks away, and of course I could volunteer my church (and we could use their bathroom facilities as well). I might even be able to convince the parish nurse to be around for BP checks and the like. The high school youth group has already volunteered to "work" the event. I, of course, wouldn't want to put any one out because it is at a church. It would merely be our site -no overtly religious tones about it. What do you guys think?
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby mom2tori » Fri Dec 29, 2006 09:13 am

I think the school is a good idea. They have playground equipment also I assume, thats good for the kiddos who aren't too hot on the idea of walking. I know in Beaver Dam at the elementary school they were willing to open up one set of doors for restroom use as long as we had someone to 'police' the area so that might be something to look into.
mom2tori

Previous

Return to Wisconsin