Post Reply FAQ Members Login

IL, MI, IN, WI Get-together!!

IL, MI, IN, WI Get-together!!

Postby jill siegel » Thu Sep 07, 2006 04:01 pm

by jill siegel (13 Posts), Thu Sep 07, 2006 04:01 pm

CALLING ALL PF MEMBERS IN IL, IN, MI, WI!!

Join others in the area for a gathering on Saturday, October 14 to share stories and experiences and to get to know one another. We will hear about PF activities and opportunities for involvement. If you have any items you want to donate to the Saving Grace silent auction, bring them and we can ship them off to San Francisco for you!!

Also, you can show your support for me in my fundraising/recovery effort for the NYC Marathon in November. I will bring my "race day" shirt to the gathering and want as many members as possible to sign it so that when I need that extra boost to get across the finish line, I will have all of you there with me.

I am still finalizing the location and time, but was thinking of an 11 to 1 timeframe, but am flexible. Give me your thoughts on location - Chicago area? City or suburbs? Post your thoughts here or e-mail me with your thoughts and availability.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
jill siegel

Re : IL, MI, IN, WI Get-together!!

Postby denise » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:26 am

by denise (5480 Posts), Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:26 am

Check out Jill's website at www.bigapplemiraclemarathon.com

If you can make this event, it would be wonderful! If not, please send her a card and an email to show your support! She is a courageous woman who is celebrating life!
denise

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 03:49 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Tue Oct 03, 2006 03:49 pm

Jill, I've just talked with the March of Dimes location in Chicago and they would be willing to send someone out to our gathering to talk about how PF can work with MOD and also help sign your shirt! Do you have a location picked out??
timelessbeauty

Postby kara » Thu Oct 05, 2006 01:29 am

by kara (6614 Posts), Thu Oct 05, 2006 01:29 am

If you want to have something downtown, I MIGHT be able to get you a conference room in the bloomingdales building on Mich Ave. I used to work there, and still have lots of friends there. Not sure if I will be able to make it or not. The only down fall is that it is expensive to park (though depending on how many people there are, I MIGHT be able to get some parking vouchers). And of course there is traffic. I don't mind driving downtown, but I'm not sure how others feel about it. You could take the el...but that is probably more foreign than driving! [:D] Kara
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Thu Oct 05, 2006 09:09 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Thu Oct 05, 2006 09:09 am

What time is the get together? I have work that day until 2:00 but am perfectly willing to come to the city afterwards. Only takes me a half hour to get there.
mada

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Oct 05, 2006 03:06 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Thu Oct 05, 2006 03:06 pm

Cancelled--- With all the unfortunate mights and maybes and the actuallity of the past meeting which didn't happen, we have decided to cancel the meet and greet. Jill is exhausted from business trips which she has two back to back during that weekend and would be making special effort to be there, on top of her exhausting training for the event itself! We shall try to do something else in honor of her great spirit and enthusiasm!

timelessbeauty

Return to Wisconsin