Here we go again....

Re : Here we go again....

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:59 am

Oh, yeah - I talked to Jackie this morning and they're staying in their house in Pensacola.

Praying that we'll all be safe...
hannahsmom

Postby denise » Sun Jul 10, 2005 09:57 pm

Hope you guys are making it through tonight alright.
denise

Postby mayasmom » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:42 am

I'm checking in and hoping everyone else is safe. We went home last night and everything is fine here. If anyone needs anything, let me know.
mayasmom

Postby iansmom » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Hey gals! All safe here - finally got power this afternoon. Just some trees down. We found THE hurricane shelter and actually got to stand outside and watch it all happen!! Our friend has a store - cinder block strip mall, one story! The covered walkway in front was totally sheltered by the other end of the building - couldn't have asked for better shelter. It was awesome with some really powerful winds.

Other than that, we are all doing well. I only have one week of summer break left - bummer! Out of six weeks, I have only spent 2 days alone on the beach! I did catch a couple of waves on the surf board - so I am stoked! Anyway, I hope to be more active again soon and get some chapter stuff together. Please don't lose faith in me, I bit off more than I can chew, but now that Drew is more self-sufficient, I seem to have more time...
j
iansmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Jul 17, 2005 04:13 pm

We made it through, too! We lost our fence and we must have lost some shingles because the ceiling in our kitchen leaked, but other than that, no damage! My husband's car got hit by a flying ladder, but it's not too bad. My husband missed some work because his restaurant was closed, and I had to miss a couple of days of work because Hannah's daycare was closed all week. So that set us back, but at least we didn't have more damage. Jackie and Wendy - glad you ladies fared okay. Leslie, how did you do?
hannahsmom

Postby lgw » Mon Jul 18, 2005 08:50 pm

Hey Suzanne, we didn't have any problems at all - never even lost power. Dennis was no Ivan. Our neighbors are going to love us as we've decided not to take the boards down until after summer. Our house looks abandoned. Take care,
Leslie
lgw

Postby kdreher » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:14 pm

Late in reading this, glad to see you are all fine..Leslie we "need" you in a few weeks :-)
kdreher

Previous

Return to Alabama