We're going to be in Mobile next Wednesday

Re : We're going to be in Mobile next Wednesday

Postby mayasmom » Tue Nov 23, 2004 06:28 am

My office closes at noon, but I will try to get off a little bit early. You two go ahead and make plans and I will try to get there as soon as I can.

Wendy
Mom to Maya, 2/11/00, PE @ 32 1/2 weeks
Lil'Angel, 5/19/04, Miscarriage @ 9 1/2 weeks
Bun in the oven due 3/2/05
mayasmom

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Nov 23, 2004 06:18 pm

Leslie and Wendy - I'm going to email you my phone number. We will be near the mall, so we could meet at the mall or we could meet downtown, because we're also going to visit the hospital. Someone pick a place and we'll meet you there! I have not been to Mobile in years except to visit the hospital. Can't wait to meet!! [:D][:D]

Suzanne

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!
hannahsmom

Postby annegarrett » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:22 pm

Wish I could be there with you all. Congrats to Miss Hannah and thanks for all you do to raise awareness. As Carol says--this is a great way to raise awareness.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby hannahsmom » Thu Nov 25, 2004 04:22 pm

Thanks, Anne. It was a gret interview. I explained that I had developed pre-eclampsia and had to be transferred from Mississippi to Alabama to a hospital that could care for both Hannah and me. The radiothon had been concentrating on the care for babies and children, but I also explained how they cared for me, and saved my life because I was on the verge of a seizure, heart attack, stroke, etc. The radio show hosts were surprised to hear all of that because a lot of the stories from other parents were those who had preemies due to premature labor. My Dad was listening and called in and gave a pledge in honor of Hannah. He said listening to the story brought tears to his eyes. He was remembering how he and my mom had driven an hour to the hospital when I was in trouble, and after they talked to the doctor they were scared they were going to lose both of us.
By the way - it was such a pleasure meeting Leslie and Wendy! We all have so much in common. I've also had the chance to meet Jackie. Now if we could get a meeting together, we could all meet! Maybe after the holidays. I know everyone is really busy. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all have a lot to be thankful for.

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!
hannahsmom

Previous

Return to Alabama