It's All About Brochures Brochures Brochures

It's All About Brochures Brochures Brochures

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Aug 07, 2006 03:29 pm

Ok, I have distributed about 500 brochures so far and I am on my next 200 to go out the door. How is everyone else doing??

I have sent packages with my left over WAT t-shirts and some brochures to various members within the IL, IN and KY region who have been helping to distribute them to their doctors and area hospitals. I have made "Walking Billboards" out of friends and family as well as new members to help raise awareness by wearing the shirts!

I am very close to making the call asking for my first package of ONE THOUSAND! This is helping me network with area hospitals and businesses for eventual contacts for the Walk-a-thon and I need to do some more fundraising efforts to help with cost cutting and earning my site fee money.

Crochet has slowed down some right now but will pick up again soon. I have 5 afghans in production currently and more on the way to being started. Did I mention I seem to have a yarn store in my closet?? lol Want to learn? Bring your tools and I will get you "hooked" on crochet! HEHEHE

We are on to BIG things! Go Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky Region! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

timelessbeauty

Re : It's All About Brochures Brochures Brochures

Postby angelkat » Mon Aug 07, 2006 04:04 pm

Way to GO SUE.... I'm going to the hospital (that wants more information) tomorrow!!...

Keep up the GREAT WORK
angelkat

Postby allic » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:38 pm

Great job Sue! How do you find the time to crochet??? Next time we meet, bring your needles--I've ALWAYS wanted to learn BAD! We need to get Florida going with the brochure distribution. You guys are doing great!
allic

Postby denise » Tue Aug 08, 2006 00:04 am

Sue, you are an amazing woman. I just had to share that.

You are an inspiration.
denise

Postby shellysmomdad » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:58 am

We too, have also been distributing extra T-shirts from the WAT. With each T-shirt we include a brochure. We recently sent a box of 35 T-shirts and brochures to Bloomington, IL. (sorry Sue, hope we're not invading your territory!). Most of this year's WAT sponsors have asked for more T-shirts. Plus, we've already been contacted by companies and/or corporations regarding the 2007 WAT.

It's all about raising awareness. The more awareness we raise, the greater the chance of preventing another family from belonging to this group!
shellysmomdad

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:42 am

John and Brenda! By all means, don't worry thinking you are stepping on my toes in any way! I'm all for doing the same thing you are, getting the word out and I appreciate any extra help I can get! Iowa and Indiana can help Illinois as I don't live in it and am willing to share the area with offers of help!It's all about raising awareness as you mentioned! I think it's great and keep me informed if I can help in any way! THANK YOU!
timelessbeauty

Postby jana m » Wed Aug 09, 2006 08:44 am

You're amazing as usual, Sue! I don't know how you find the time or the energy to do it all! Was thinking of trying to get some brochures into the two hospitals here. What is a good way to get started?

Send some WAT t-shirts our way. We'll be happy to be your billboards for the Lafayette/West Lafayette area.
jana m

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Aug 09, 2006 09:08 am

WOOHOO .. you are close enough to meet up on a weekend if you are in town or I can come there. I have WAT and Conference shirts available .. I can bring brochures to you ..

Recommendation for approaching hospitals. Talk to the area you know, like I lost a child, I will go talk to the clergy office and discuss PE with them and how I want to help save other lives, how could they help me get these brochures to the right area, talk to a social worker in the hospital, NICU nurses if you have had a child in NICU or the NICU parent liason.

If you know a doctor that practices Obstetrics from the hospital, ask if they know how best to approach the hospital. Talking to nurses many times gets you in the door to help others. Let them know it's a way to help inform the patient about the signs and symptoms so they know what to look for in case they need to. Information helps make a better patient and nurses know it.

TO get started, you can request a starter kit from Carol(Brochure Distribution Head)and line up what offices/hospitals you want to approach. Make a list for tracking because you may want to go back to help refill their supply! :-) (aha! the power of positive thinking!) lol ..

Think about what was most important to you during your PE and/or HELLP experience .. what information was crucial to you. Use that in your argument to help pursuade them to distribute the brochures. Brochures are free to them, we just ask for help in shipping costs or maybe they would like to help with a small donation to get more printed! :-)

We advocate to help forge better communication between doctors and patients and make sure that patients are well informed as that will help them understand the reasons for the testing and how complying or asking for more testing will ensure a better healthier result from their pregnancy.
timelessbeauty

Postby jana m » Fri Aug 11, 2006 09:07 am

Sue,
Maybe we can get together after we get back from my brother's wedding. You are always welcome here if you feel like taking a ride, but we are also down in Indy once a week and could meet somewhere in the vicinity of St. Vincent's. In the meantime, I can start gathering information on doctors and hospitals.
jana m

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Aug 11, 2006 09:11 am

I'm always up for a meeting :-) I need to start scheduling another meeting for our state members.
timelessbeauty

Next

Return to Indiana