Jen and Meg-Got a question for ya'll

Jen and Meg-Got a question for ya'll

Postby lorelei » Wed Jan 11, 2006 09:38 am

Since we are the only ones making the museum trip would ya'll want to meet at Cracker Barrel at 9am? Joey is having a cow that if we meet at 10 then it will be 11 or so before we get to the museum and blah blah blah...

Just didn't know what ya'll thought about it. We'd have to leave by a little after 6am but he says he thinks we should. I told him I'd check w/ya'll.

Just let me know~
lorelei

Re : Jen and Meg-Got a question for ya'll

Postby jenandtheboys » Wed Jan 11, 2006 09:56 am

That is ok with us. It actually might mean that Ethan gets to do more at the museum because we'll get there earlier in the day rather than at his normal naptime, kwim? Really, either way is ok. Or, split the difference and say 9:30? Let's see what Meg says.

jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:39 am

Sounds good either way..we'll see what Meg says. Do ya'll think you'll stay all day at the museum? Is there enough to do that would occupy them for so long?
lorelei

Postby jenandtheboys » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:49 am

That one I'm not sure about. I don't know how much there is to do there and how long it might keep them "occupied". I imagine we'll want to stay a good while and really get to do and see most everything, since we won't get to go there nearly as often as we do our Children's Museum of the Lowcountry down here. It's hard to tell from looking at the website about how long it takes to "do" the whole thing. Maybe Meg has insight since Will went recently.
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:50 am

They are open til 5 so if the boys are having a good time then we will probably stay til then I am guessing. I'm really excited about going!!
lorelei

Postby meg » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:20 am

Hi guys! Thanks Jen for directing me to this ;)
9 or 9:30 either is fine with me. Honestly, I dont think it will take all day. WIll's friend's family evidently goes there often and told me they usually stay "about 3 hours". I know when WIll went they left Spartaburg like 9-9:15 meaning they got there between 10:30-11. They were home by 4:30 meaning they left at 3pm. So they must have stayed like 4-4.5 hours I am guessing.
meg

Postby lorelei » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:23 am

Ok so let's just plan on 9:30 and we can just go from there and I suppose each family can decide how long they want to stay once we're inside. Hunter is very excited! He was telling Joey this morning "do you remember those 2 boys I was (and then he makes this growling noise, etc...talking about when him and Will and Andrew were playing w/those animal grabber things from the zoo) we are going to see them!!!" He was so cute talking about it!
lorelei

Postby jenandtheboys » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:24 am

What about weather? I'm hearing that down here it's gonna get cold again by Saturday....this is after days and days of 70+ degrees in the afternoons! [:0] Just wondering how to dress the kids. I guess I can do weather.com and check for the Columbia area.
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah, I had wondered how the temp would be. I'll probably dress them in a long sleeved t shirt type..something thin. Figure they'll get hot running around playing.
lorelei

Postby jenandtheboys » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:53 am

Well, the weather site said high in the 50s, low 33! But, since we'll be inside most of the time, I guess we shouldn't dress too heavily.

On the other hand, though, I wonder about that Snowville part, with the hockey, etc.....wonder if it's cold there?

BTW, Lori, here's an LOL moment for you:

I've been talking to Andrew all week about the museum and who is coming. I reminded him about meeting Hunter at the zoo....not sure if he really remembers though. Anyway, there's a boy named Hunter in his class, so I distinguished them by saying this is a new friend whose name is Hunter Land.
Well, yesterday we were reviewing our Saturday plans. (remember that he has speech/expressive language issues, so any BIG thing that he says or remembers is awesome to us) I asked him where we were going, and he told me. Then I said, "who's coming to play with us at the museum?" and he said............"I think it's Hunter Land!" LOL LOL!!!! [:)] I was so excited at that! Then, of course, he also said "my cousins are coming too"! But I was so pumped that he remembered and you can tell he is really looking forward to it!
jenandtheboys

Next

Return to South Carolina