Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Let's talk about some dates.....UPDATE!!!!

Let's talk about some dates.....UPDATE!!!!

Postby lorelei » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:32 pm

For our zoo meeting.

November seems like ages...We can still do November if it works for everyone..I know someone told me that October was out due to dh doing band stuff.

So I guess our options would be September sometime or else November.

Just talked to dh and he is fine w/any date in September! Here are the dates I would be available in September:

The 3rd would be Labor Day weekend and then the 24th is the day before Hunter's b-day party and I just don't want to have sooo much to do in one weekend...

What do ya'll think of moving it to September?

If that doesn't work for anyone and we keep it in November the only dates that would work for both me and dh would be Nov 5..might could do a 19th..but not 100% on that.

I am voting for changing it to September...

Would like everyone's input!!

Thanks
lorelei

Re : Let's talk about some dates.....UPDATE!!!!

Postby jenandtheboys » Mon Aug 22, 2005 09:29 am

Lori,
I have checked with DH and we are ok with either Sept. 10 or 17, whichever is better for most people. I am the one who needed to ask that we not do October, so I really appreciate everyone's consideration of that. [:)] I called my sis (meg) so she will be checking in later to put in her "two cents" on what date she chooses. Thanks again for organizing this, and we are really looking forward to it. See you soon!
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Mon Aug 22, 2005 09:49 am

Great! Thanks for the input. I am hoping that everyone will be able to do a Sept date! I am really excited!!
lorelei

Postby cassie05 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:34 am

Ok, apparently I am the big loser here with no plans ever[:I][:p]. Im pretty much free whenever you guys want to get together....not sure on dhs schedule but doesnt really matter since my SIL lives there and she can help out if need be
cassie05

Postby lorelei » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:37 am

You aren't a loser girl...Your just available..LOL!! Shh don't tell dh right? LOL!

Ok well sounds good...Hoping to get some more positive responses from everyone. But I say that if it's cool w/Meg then we make it a date!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!

Email me Cassie..I'm at work...
lorelei

Postby meg » Mon Aug 22, 2005 01:02 pm

Either date seems fine right now. I need to check with DH and will post later tonight or tomarrow. :)
meg

Postby lorelei » Mon Aug 22, 2005 01:11 pm

Sounds good Meg..Just let me know. As long as it works for you I will just pick a day..most likely the 10th and we'll just go for it and I'll email the big list of SC people that I have w/the date, time, etc and go from there.

Thanks chick!

lorelei

Postby jenandtheboys » Mon Aug 22, 2005 01:32 pm

Ooh, we're getting close to having a real plan! [:)] Now, what are you guys thinking in terms of time of day? Is Cassie the one who has to drive the furthest? Just don't make it too early.....but I guess we all have some distance to drive don't we?

BTW--I must be a loser too, because as soon as this topic came up today, I immediately started thinking not only of what I might wear that day but what my boys would wear!!! [:I] I am their fashion consultant, being the only female in my house (even the cat is a boy!) LOL LOL

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Mon Aug 22, 2005 01:40 pm

LOL Jen I thought the same thing about what to wear that would look nice but be comfy and also what my boys would wear...Glad to see I'm not the only freak! LOL!! I've got to do some digging and find out hours, etc for the zoo. It's about 2 hours or a little more for us but not sure about anyone else. So I would figure maybe we could meet at 11am..what's everyone think about that?

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Mon Aug 22, 2005 02:02 pm

Ok...just did some searching on their website..

PRICES
Adults 8.75
Children 3-12 6.25
3 and under FREE

We can get group rates if we have at least 15 people but it has to be paid for as one transaction and you have to call and register 2 weeks prior..not sure how complicated this might be...Thoughts?

Hours are 9-6. I am thinking meet at 11am..Would that give everyone enough time to get there?

Here is a map of directions. You should be able to use this to determine your estimated drive time

http://www.riverbanks.org/s01plan/visitorinfo.shtml#directions

Click on the main entrance..I think it would be best to just meet there.

The website is www.riverbankszoo.org. You can look around to see the restaraunts, etc available.

I am sooo looking forward to this!!

lorelei

Next

Return to South Carolina