Post Reply FAQ Members Login

eating question

eating question

Postby meg » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:20 am

by meg (1384 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:20 am

Ok, what is the plan to feed all of the children. We will get there at 11 and my kids usualy want lunch by 11:30. SInce money is tight for us I plan to sneak in as much food as I can. Drinks, crackers, rasins, maybe even sandwiches ( hey, they wont check inside a wipe box would they? LOL) So I really plan to try to not have to buy any food for mine inside the zoo. Maybe drinks if its really hot or something. What is everyone else doing?
We will probably be leaving by like 3 or something wouldnt you think? around 4 hours is probably plenty of zoo time for all these little ones I imagine. That means we would be home for dinner. I am sure the food in there is outragious so I am really going to try to make do.
meg

Re : eating question

Postby jenandtheboys » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:49 am

by jenandtheboys (1245 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:49 am

Ok, Meg, I promised you I'd look at this and reply![:)]

I agree about trying to minimize what we have to buy inside the zoo. I am planning to bring my backpack diaper bag with all items needed for both boys, so I feel sure I could sneak something in for Andrew.

Lori, and others........what do you think? I am up for suggestions. Would we even want to meet somewhere (fast-food ish) near the zoo FIRST and grab a quick lunch for the adults before actually going in the zoo? Problem, though, would be knowing a specific place to meet. I'm not terribly familiar with that part of Columbia, are any of you? Doing this might be less expensive than zoo food, and no worries about sneaking in as much stuff.......just a thought. I'll keep checking back for your responses. See you soon! [:)][:D][8D]

jenandtheboys

Postby missgamecock » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:42 am

by missgamecock (6064 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:42 am

Oh I'm so jealous. There are a lot of places to eat near the zoo. You can eat in Cayce (Red Lobster)and there are places downtown or you can go to the Rosewood area. There is a McDonald's there with a outside playgym. Oh I know a place. You can go to Greystone Blvd. There are a ton of fast food places there and there is a Sizzler around there too. Anyway I wish I was in SC and could go to the zoo. :(
missgamecock

Postby lorelei » Thu Sep 15, 2005 02:11 pm

by lorelei (3788 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 02:11 pm

I hadn't really given it much thought other than just figured we'd get something at the zoo. It doesn't really matter to me what we do. When it is miserably hot (like I figure it will be!) I will be fine w/something to drink. Oh, I think I read that you can bring a picnic lunch and go out to the picnic area to eat..so we could do that I guess. I don't have a problem just bringing sandwich stuff for us and chips and just run out to eat there. What do ya'll think about that?
lorelei

Postby jenandtheboys » Thu Sep 15, 2005 02:47 pm

by jenandtheboys (1245 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 02:47 pm

That sounds great about bringing a picnic if that's correct! I hadn't checked out the website myself. Meg will be glad to hear this too. I'll try to look myself and verify it, I guess, and then we can just plan to do that. Thanks!
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Thu Sep 15, 2005 03:11 pm

by lorelei (3788 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 03:11 pm

Jen if you don't mind checking let me know. I am home w/the kiddies til Tues so the only board I am taking the time to check is this one..LOL! Let me know via email or thru here chick! I am almost 100% positive on this though bc it said that you could exit the zoo and come back in bc it was saying you'd have to have your ticket to do that.
lorelei

Postby cassie05 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 08:52 pm

by cassie05 (2243 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 08:52 pm

I want to go (sniff, sniff)
cassie05

Postby lorelei » Thu Sep 15, 2005 09:35 pm

by lorelei (3788 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 09:35 pm

Then come!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!
lorelei

Postby jenandtheboys » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 pm

by jenandtheboys (1245 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Ok, here's what I found on the website for the zoo. It says...on one end of the parking lot there is a nature trail with picnic tables. And Lori, you were right, we can go out of the zoo itself, eat in the picnic area, and then get back in by showing our receipts from our paid admission. This sounds like a plan to me. We can go in and see a few exhibits or whatever, then come out and eat, and go back in provided the kids are cooperating. Is this ok with everyone? See you all in approx. 36 hours!!! [:)][:D][8D]

jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 pm

by lorelei (3788 Posts), Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. Joey wants us to leave home early enough to eat breakfast somewhere..He's such a dork. I am so not a morning person so I'll do good to just be in the car by 8am..lol..

Picnic sounds lovely. I've got chips, bread, and mayo..will just need to stop and grab some meat (lol...that cracked me up...it's way too late) on our way to the zoo.

If we meet right at 11 since Meg says her kids want to eat around 11:30 we could just eat before we ever go in if ya'll want to. I fully plan on taking the boys some kind of a snack or something in. When we took Hunter I know full well I took him a sippy cup and some snacks so I am not too worried about taking stuff in.

I am worried about Dalton falling asleep though. He's 25 friggin pounds..try lugging that dead weight around when he's sleeping. We had talked about taking their wagon bc they can both sit in it..has a place for cup, etc but I don't know what we'd do w/Dalton when he falls asleep. Guess me & Joey can just take turns carrying him.

Ok..sounds like a plan sure nuff doesn't it?

As far as the turnout I figure it might just be me, you, and Meg. I have not gotten any response from the 16 registered members. One girl did email me to say that she had moved to TX so I told her that TX did have a local group if she was interested. Jennifer Johnson had said she was coming but I have not received any response from her when I've sent out the emails.

If it's just the 3 of us I am not going to make a sign. Assuming you and your sister will recognize each other one of you can call my cell phone (I'll email it to you) and I can tell you what I have on.

I am going to send out one more email about it to everyone registered here in a second and if I don't get any response from it by sometime tomorrow I will assume it'll just be the 3 of us.

I am really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lorelei

Next

Return to South Carolina