Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New to Omaha

New to Omaha

Postby laceyboggess » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:40 am

Hi there! I just moved to Omaha, well Papillion actually. I am not currently pregnant but I will be trying in about a year. I am trying to figure out a good OB and Peri in the area. I would prefer someone closer to Papillion. I am not familiar with the area. What are the good hospitals? My first pregnancy went really smoothly, my BP only rose right at the end and I didn't get too high. My second daughter has Dandy Walker Malformation which means she has some enlarged ventricles in her brain. You would never know, she is doing wonderfully. I also had diet controlled Gestational Diabeties with her. With my baby I had a horrible doctor that didn't watch me like he should have. My blood pressure went up to 140/90, normally 90/60. I also have protein in my urine but he refused to run tests. I did preterm labor at 34 weeks which stopped and then I had him at 36 weeks. I am now suffering with horrible headaches and I cannot get my blood pressure to go below 125ish/75. It is very frustrating. So, with my history, I think I will want to see a peri at least for a consult. Any good OB's or Peri's? Thanks for your help.
laceyboggess

Re : New to Omaha

Postby misup » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:04 am

Lacey,

I am so glad that you posted. I need help here in Nebraska! Do you know how to email me? Drop me a line and I will rec. a Dr... and get you my phone number, unfortunately can not do that on the forum.. but I know a great ob and peri team!!! Is this your first time in Omaha?

Mis
misup

Postby laceyboggess » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:55 am

Hi Mis! I sent you an email last week but I am not sure if I did it right. Did you get it? If not, I will try again. I am looking for any advice on docs here that I can get. Thanks!
laceyboggess

Postby misup » Thu Nov 09, 2006 01:44 pm

Lacey,
Go ahead and send it again.. I did not receive it... I will give you a call ASAP.

Mis
misup

Postby misup » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:55 am

Lacey,

Watch the Omaha World Herald...we will be having a monthly meeting...a local resort is going to give us a space to meet every month, great central location off the interstate.

Mis
misup

Return to Nebraska