Assistance during bedrest

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Assistance during bedrest

Postby akemt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 09:14 pm

I've missed so much while I was (well, still am) away! I am so very, very happy for you and so glad that all has worked out well. I do hope they both make it home soon with no further complications for either mother or daughter. What a beauty Gianna is, by the way. You've both done so well - may you have years and years to enjoy this beauty together.

Catherine (23), Moderator
DH Britton (28)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 wks PIH & Oligo
Lara Julianne (07/31/04) 38 wks PIH & gallbladder fun
akemt

Postby sweetiesuzy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 07:02 am

Just beautiful! Congratulations.

Huge hugs,
Suzanna

------------------------
Aaryngston ~ 3/25/95
Chloe Rose ~ 10/26/01 Stillbirth
Samuel Isaac ~ 12/30/02
Laura Elise ~ 7/19/04

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly"
-Marion Beatty
sweetiesuzy

Postby angelrenee » Tue Apr 19, 2005 08:06 am

I've been lurking a bit on this thread and I am so happy to see that you have your little girl now!! Congratulations, she's a beauty!

I wish your wife well in getting better quickly after this long haul.

I'm also intrugued by your job. I just turned down a contract position calling customers of one of the larger banks to make sure the software conversion process is working for them. My due date for this baby is right around the time the project is scheduled to end so I couldn't take the job. Wonder if it was the same bank. :)

Angel Renee'
Mommy to Patrick 2/23/2004 (34 weeks - PE, low fluid, PROM)
Mommy to ?? EDD 9/21/2005
angelrenee

Postby kdreher » Tue Apr 19, 2005 09:44 am

Oh my goodness I missed this entirely.......CONGRATULATIONS TO MOMMY AND DADDY!
I know that you have both been on one heck of a ride. Gianna is just beautiful.
I must say you did an awesome job of taking care of everyone and everything, I hope you know that. Again, my congrats to your family.

Kris (35) & Tom (35)
Connecticut State Coordinator

My Angel - Tyler 3/9/95 to 3/23/95 (15 oz, 26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Tubal Ligation 2/2000
Tubal Reversal 10/2004
Miscarriage 1/05

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Postby lucy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 05:10 pm

Your guys story sounds so familar to mine in so many ways its odd anyhow I missed alot of this being hosplized for all the time I was but just wanted to addm y congradulations dont be a stranger and keep us updated.

Lucy (18) -Mom to Sebanna Sarine born April 9 2005 at 37 wks following 3 1/2 wks of hosplization Diagnosed with pre-eclampsia again at 31 wks

Proud mommy to Sebastian Orpheus stillborn at 26 wks due to pre-eclampsia we will always love and never forget you beautiful baby boy!

Mom to Garet 8 Angie 7
lucy

Postby hfwarner3 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 09:40 pm

Well, six months later and I wanted to post a follow-up.

First, thank you again to everyone. You all were so helpful and supportive. Thanks again.

Now, on to the news -

Our little baby girl is FAT, and I mean that in a good way. She came out nursing and just plumped right up. She started trying to steal her sisters' food two weeks ago, she we have even started her on solids! She is our best eater yet. She is 95% for weight and doing great.

My wife is now on BP meds 3 times a day. Here's a shocker -- she has chronic high BP! Her BP came down a little after the birth, but it was still all over the place. We gave up on the OB and went back to our regular physician. He switched her BP med to something safe for nursing and she has been fine since.

We have since seen another high risk OB and reviewed the case. It is her opinion that most of the suffering and danger my wife went through was completely unneccesary. If she had been on the BP meds throughout the entire pregnancy, her BP should have stayed a lot lower a lot longer. She wants us to wait 12 months to make sure the BP is definitely controlled. If so, she is okay with us having another one ... but we will see. We are so lucky and thankful to have the 4 wonderful children we have and we are over 35 now, so the risk level just keeps going up.

Anyway, I wanted to just stop by and give an update. We are doing great!

Thank you again for everything and God Bless You All!
hfwarner3

Postby lorelei » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:43 pm

Great update...So glad that everyone is doing so well. Sorry your wife is having to be medicated, but at least it is controlling it.

Take care,
lorelei

Postby lucy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 01:34 am

So glad for the update and how well your little one is doing. Good luck!
lucy

Postby jillmushet » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:48 am

Thank you for the update! It sounds like Gianna is a lot of fun!! Hope Kelly's bp stays under control...
jillmushet

Postby gordon k » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:26 pm

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. Sorry to hear about the chronic high blood pressure that your wife has. I'm not a doctor, but my wife is living proof that what the high-risk obstetrician said is true: Norlisa was on the blood pressure medication atenolol throughout her pregnancy, didn't "suffer," wasn't in any danger, and didn't develop pregnancy-induced hypertension nor preeclampsia while pregnant. Whatever you and your wife decide next, I'm glad that you have a perinatologist who has reviewed your wife's records.

Great news about Gianna growing so well! You have Norlisa and my continued prayers that you and your family continue to grow well with health and happiness.
gordon k

PreviousNext

Return to Dads