Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Florida Group Meeting and Scheduled Events

Florida Group Meeting and Scheduled Events

Postby melissa71502 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 06:38 pm

by melissa71502 (58 Posts), Fri Feb 11, 2005 06:38 pm

Some exciting events are in the works for the Preeclampsia Foundation, Florida Group! The Preeclampsia Foundation is launching a nationwide walk-a-thon on Saturday, May 7, 2005. (Sunday before Mother’s Day [:)]) Details regarding the event can be found at: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7376

We are organizing a walk-a-thon locally, either in Tampa or Orlando. Our first task is to select a location and get permission from the appropriate party (city government, property owners, etc.) Suggestions: park, lake, downtown area, mall walk, neighborhood, etc. We need to find a location that is common for walk-a-thons in your area where a 5K (3.1 mi) route is easy to follow and already “mapped” out. It would be good for the location to have public visibility so passersby can see the walkers wearing Preeclampsia Foundation t-shirts. I am seeking ideas for a location. I live in the Sarasota area and know some potential spots here (I have seen a few walk-a-thons along the beaches) but am hoping for a larger more centrally located city. Please send me your thoughts for potential walk-a-thon locations. I will work with you on contacting the facility.

Also, one of our members is heading up the effort to organize a baseball camp as a fundraiser for the PF! The details are still being worked out, so be looking for more information on becoming involved with this exciting event.

With these events coming up, we are having our first “in-person” meeting for the group. The meeting will be a lunch meeting held on March 5, 2005 @ 1:30pm at Dan Marino’s Restaurant in St. Petersburg. The address is 121 2nd Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, Florida. Please see attached map. The phone number to the restaurant is (727) 822-4413. Please RSVP to me so that I can reserve the appropriate number of seats.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Melissa (29)
dh Mohan (30)
Kalindi 7/25/02, 35 weeks(HELLP)
Madelyn 2/5/04, 38 weeks (PIH borderline pre-e)
melissa71502

Re : Florida Group Meeting and Scheduled Events

Postby crdv1976 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 06:05 pm

by crdv1976 (13 Posts), Thu Aug 11, 2005 06:05 pm

What is going on??? Info about starting a south Florida group???
crdv1976

Return to Florida