New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Where should we have our next get together?

Where should we have our next get together?

Postby lorelei » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:51 pm

The one today was so enjoyable that we are already looking forward to another one!!

Any suggestions are welcome!

lorelei

Re : Where should we have our next get together?

Postby cassie05 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 08:21 am

You all should come to my house and keep me company [:D]
cassie05

Postby jenandtheboys » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:43 am

I'm all for that idea, although that's probably because I'm around an hour away and the rest of you are more like 4! [:I]

Anyway, I did have an idea for another place to go, but it's not in Columbia. Actually, it's a bit of a further drive for most of us, but maybe in the summer........just going to throw out the idea, and give DH credit b/c he really thought of it.

Discovery Place, in Charlotte, NC. (hey, maybe Wendy could come too!) Here's a link to them:

http://www.discoveryplace.org/

It sounds like the museum in Columbia except even bigger, if you can imagine that. Anyway, it would be about a 3 hour trip for us, like going to Sptbg/Greenville area. We're willing to do it, if others are interested and think it's worthwhile. Check it out and see what you think. Cost is about the same as Edventure, and actually those under age 2 get in free. So, maybe Dalton, Grace and the new twins could benefit from that.....Ethan wouldn't since we probably won't go before his b-day, but that's ok.

Any other ideas?
jenandtheboys

Postby meg » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:50 am

SOunds good. I have been wanting to take my kids there! Its only about 1.5 hours for me I think. Similair to COlubia.
meg

Postby jenandtheboys » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:53 am

What about for Lori? I'm betting on the 3-4 hour side for her, and at least 4 for Cassie if she could come. Maybe that's pushing it a bit for some of us, but we'll see what others think. I guess Meg and I could do a sisters+families trip, if nothing else. I'll also e mail Wendy and see what she says, just as a hypothetical idea, kwim?
jenandtheboys

Postby meg » Tue Jan 17, 2006 01:02 pm

Lori anjd I figured out that its 1 hr 50 minutes from her house to mine and then add 1.5 to Charlotte and that would be like 3.5 for them. I know thats alot for a day trip. We will just see I guess. Lets keep thinking of lots of ideas.
meg

Postby cassie05 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 04:19 pm

I wouldnt be able to do it this summer. If all goes well then the babies should be home in July around their due date and ya know they will be preemies and no way will i take them anywhere out in public. Its kind of wierd already thinking about NICU time when Im only 15 weeks pregnant LOL
cassie05

Postby jenandtheboys » Tue Jan 17, 2006 06:01 pm

Well, you're right, Cassie, and that was kind of brainless of me to assume you'd be up for coming on a trip like this when the babies first come home, etc. Sorry about that! We always want to include you, though, and you're always invited to these get togethers whether you can attend or not...you know that, right?

And NO, I don't think you're weird for already thinking about NICU even this early.......given your history, you'd be weird not to think of it, so you just figure that the NICU is a guaranteed thing in this situation. Hopefully it won't be a long stay, though. Keeping our fingers crossed and prayers going up!
jenandtheboys

Postby wcarder » Wed Jan 18, 2006 08:33 am

Hey guys! I'm in Charlotte, so I'd certainly LOVE to go. The Discovery Place is so neat. If you havent been there, you'll love it. Cindy O. is from around here too. We should be sure to give her a shout out when plans are made.
Cassie - I'd be bummed if you couldn't make it (although you have a very valid reason) -- maybe we can make it sooner (so we can see your big pregnant twiner belly!!! lol) ????
wcarder

Postby cassie05 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 09:41 am

Though it would be nice to make it sooner we are expecting bedrest sometime around the end of February at this point, might be in the hospital and I already can barely walk....you all would never believe that Im only 15 weeks, well almost 16 weeks, I look like Im 6 months LOL. All these random strangers come up to me and make comments about my ever growing belly, you should see the shock in their faces when I say Im not due til July [:0]. Oh and when we had that scare a weeks ago, when we were walking down the hall to the ER, this nurse walks by me and says "Oh I guess it wasnt time yet, dont worry it will happen soon enough"[B)] Dh looked at me puzzled at what the woman said, I then told him she thought I was coming from L&D with false labor [B)]. All dh could do was laugh at me[:I]
cassie05

Next

Return to South Carolina