hi

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

hi

Postby kdreher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 05:41 am

HI Gordon,
I'm not the future dad, but future mom. I just wanted to say that it is great to have men involved. Since dh and I are TTC again, I know he might need support when we get that BFP again. Tom and I were not married when I lost Tyler...so he really has no clue what I went through, but he does know what "can" happen. I will encourage him to get involved with the dads..even from the get go. So I hope you plan on being around a long time [:D]

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (35)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
miscarriage 1/26/05

Hoping for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Re : hi

Postby gordon k » Sat Feb 26, 2005 08:14 pm

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the kind words. The guy's role is very different throughout the pregnancy; I just hope to offer a different perspective that is useful to men. Send your husband this way if he has questions or concerns. I'll try to make myself useful if I can.

Gordon

Gordon(38),
DW, Norlisa (35)
essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, successfully treated with atenolol, post-partum preeclampsia
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Twins Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03
gordon k

Return to Dads