Keep on Truckin'

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Keep on Truckin'

Postby lorelei » Thu Nov 03, 2005 09:59 am

That sounds like a great update! I went for an amnio to check lung development at 36 weeks but bc of the baby's position the dr didn't do the amnio..he was born exactly a week later at 37 on the nose and lungs were fine. I know in utero one day is like so many on the outside, but there is a good chance the lungs will be fine at 36 weeks.
lorelei

Postby gordon k » Fri Nov 04, 2005 01:01 am

Hi Eddie,

Unfortunately I can't give you specifics about the c-section, but believe that 36 weeks is fine. To the extent that they can leave the baby in until 37 weeks, probably better, but I am assuming that your doctor has a reason for the timing. I would encourage you to discuss directly with your physician to understand why they are choosing 36 weeks to deliver.

I'm sure that the next week and a half are going to be ridiculously hectic getting ready for the baby. Regardless, good luck!

Please know that my wife and I are keeping all of you in our prayers for blessings, health, happiness, and peace of mind.
gordon k

Postby heather h » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:24 am

Hi Eddie,

Just wanted to let you know that you, your wife and baby are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes smoothly... please keep us updated.

Best wishes,
heather h

Postby eddie_k » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:31 am

One of the specific reasons they (my wife included) wanted an early delivery is due to the fact that she had an abruption when they broke her membranes with her last birth. The doctors thought it would be good to do this early (assuming all is well with the baby and such) before she has the chance of going into labor and having another abruption. The more I have read and seen online, the more I understand that this isn’t too early and is very acceptable as a time to deliver the baby. My wife is starting to calm down about the date and realize that is probably better for Molly. Thanks again for all the support.
eddie_k

Postby gordon k » Mon Nov 07, 2005 01:11 am

It seems consistent with what our doctor told us: as long as it was safer for the babies to be inside their mom, then he would leave the babies there, otherwise once the babies were healthy and things changed that they would be healthier outside of their mom, he would deliver them.

We're keeping you, your wife, and Molly in our prayers for continued health, peace of mind, and a healthy happy delivery.
gordon k

Postby lizzybeth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 06:41 am

Hi Eddie,
None of my 3 children made it past 35 weeks gestation, all were basically fine. My middle one needed some oxygen as he was having trouble figuring out how to work his lungs (about an hour) and all 3 stayed with me and went home with me at 3 days old.They are now 12, 9 and 5 and run circles around me.

After an abruption, all future babes need to be delivered before labor begins, it is safest for Mom and Molly.

Let us know when Molly is here...
Lizzybeth
lizzybeth

Postby eddie_k » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:03 am

So it has been a busy two weeks for me. We went in to the MD's office for an Amnio at 36 weeks on the 14th. After monitoring my wife for ~1 hour afterwards the doctor noticed a few decels in the baby's heart rate and decided to deliver then as opposed to waiting for the results of the lung test from the Amnio. Molly Ann was born at 1127 via c-section (I was allowed to be in the room this time) weighing 6lbs 15oz at 36 weeks gestation. Her scores were great coming out the OR. After the baby was sent to the nursery for cleaning and such, the Peds noticed that her heart rate was ~170-180 and here resp. was ~80-120. So the decided to put here on O2 and start antibiotics assuming there was an infection. A long story short, Molly was in the NICU for 8 days but is doing great and has bee home with Mom and Dad for one week now and seems to be doing great. She is eating like a champ and boy can she have a good BM.

Anyway, I just wanted to share our good news with everyone our good news. Here is a picture of our little miracle if you are interested:

https://home.comcast.net/~ekimble3/crib1.jpg
eddie_k

Postby gordon k » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:16 am

Congratulations, Eddie! Molly is beautiful, and enjoy her having you wrapped around her finger and just loving her with all your heart, that will last a lifetime.

We are so glad that all of our prayers were answered and that your miracle is home with her mom and dad now. Sorry that she had to spend some time in the NICU, but I'm glad that she is home now. Thank you for sharing your news; continued prayers for health and happiness for you and your family!
gordon k

Postby kdreher » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:26 am

Congratulations on Molly's arrival, she is too cute - love that hair.
Enjoy your little miracle, I'm sure daddy will spoil her.
kdreher

Postby lizzybeth » Mon Nov 28, 2005 06:10 pm

Welcome to the world Molly! Congrats to Dad and Mom.

Great update, thank you and enjoy that sweet lil bundle of joy
lizzybeth
lizzybeth

PreviousNext

Return to Dads