Looking for support

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!
julie f

Re : Looking for support

Postby julie f » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:12 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your little miracle-man! I pray that he has a very short and healthy stay in the NICU.

Please keep us posted on his progress.

Postby akemt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 08:50 pm

Congratulations NewDad! That username must have added meaning to you this week. And btw, my nephew that was born almost a month ago now was named Samuel as well. I do hope that the "Nicu rollercoaster" can have many more ups than downs for your son and that he will grow and progress quickly. I hope that your wife's condition will also improve rapidly and that the three of you can be home together soon. If you haven't already, please feel free to visit our "parent's of preemies" forum to post questions and vent feelings specific to your son's condition...there are also some threads with pointers and information there as well. We'll be anxious for any updates you are willing to send. Please send your wife my best -let her know that she's got us in her corner and that we are happy that she and Samuel seem to be doing well. Again, Congratulations!

Sending my prayers,

Postby cmt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 06:39 pm

Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Aug 17, 2005 04:39 pm

Many congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. The NICU ride can be a bit of a roller coaster, so please don't hesitate to come back for support should you feel the need. I hope your wife continues to improve.

Postby jillmushet » Wed Aug 17, 2005 03:36 pm

Congratulations on the arrival of Samual James! Looking forward to updates on his progress as well as your wife's. I'm glad she is feeling better today.

Postby angelkat » Wed Aug 17, 2005 02:50 pm

Congrats on your baby boy!!...

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Wed Aug 17, 2005 02:07 pm

Oh wow! Congratulations! It sounds like things are going well and your wife is improving--yes??

I am so proud for the both of you and for Samuel. Which, by they way, I absolutely love that name!! Congrats, congrats and keep us posted on how Samuel and your wife are doing.

Postby melissam » Wed Aug 17, 2005 01:23 pm

Congratulations on your baby boy. I hope that he will do well. It really is scary to go through anything like this. It sounds like you are in good hands there at the hospital. Good luck and keep us posted on your sweet baby boy.

Postby anathor21 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 01:09 pm

I am glad to see the update as I was wondering how things were going.

gordon k

Postby gordon k » Wed Aug 17, 2005 09:59 am

Congratulations on your new son!

Great to hear that you have vigilant neonatologists and OB's; that should help a lot with peace of mind. I'd continue to keep an eye on your wife and help keep her doctors posted on how she's doing. The reason I say this is that my wife had post-partum preeclampsia, and there was a point in time she felt so bad I had to call the hospital--and she has no recollection of this because of the effects of her preeclampsia. Some doctors (not our peri, thankfully) have told us that post-partum preeclampsia does not exist, and we know from personal experience that this is not true. Glad to hear that your wife is doing better. Although she and your son are still in the hospital, hope you find comfort that they are getting round-the-clock care.

Continued prayers for all of you,

Return to “Dads”