Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Still here... (31 week update)

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Still here... (31 week update)

Postby denise » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:57 am

by denise (5480 Posts), Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:57 am

Glad to hear the blood work came back okay and that there was no increase in protein. Hopefully the working from home will help your wife relax and she can get some extra rest in without the commute. Did you get that bag packed yet? [;)] Keeping you in my thoughts. Please let us know how her next round of testing goes.
denise

Re : Still here... (31 week update)

Postby gordon k » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:11 am

by gordon k (113 Posts), Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:11 am

First off, congratulations on being at 31 weeks. Make it to 32, and from what my wife's nurse told us, you're in a much better position. My wife and I did have some of the anxiety of "waiting to be hospitalized" during the pregnancy, but it never occurred. Glad to hear that everything is "stabilized" and not getting worse in your wife's case. You're doing everything you can and are aware of what's going on. Can't ask for anything more (except for preeclamspia to go away).

Things will happen when they need to. I know from personal experience as a husband and dad that this is beyond nerve-wracking. The best thing we can do is take it one day at a time. All of your vigilance will be worth it.

P.S. I forgot to pack my wife's bag also. Ladies, don't think less of me, I did get around to it, it's just not in our nature to really plan some of these things. It's not necessarily the "guy's way" to plan these things out as opposed to using "brute force" (e.g., going home six times to get camera, toothbrush, etc. and having it all in one place at one time.)

gordon k

Previous

Return to Dads