Is Everyone Staying Warm?

Is Everyone Staying Warm?

Postby denise » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:57 pm

These frigid temps have us indoors, that's for sure.[:p] How are my fellow members doing? How about an update on how you and the kiddo(s) are doing! We should be having a meeting set up here soon, so look for that.

We are doing alright. Phoenix is almost 9 months and while he is a happy baby, he sure doesn't know how to sleep at night.[:(] He's been waking an average of 3x a night. Some nights is every hour or two. So, I'm struggling there. But he's such a happy baby during the day most of the time, so I can't complain.[:)] He just got over his first ear infection. He had a reaction to the amox and we had to switch to something else. Ariana is doing well in preschool. I can't believe how big she is getting! My little tomboy has suddenly become very interested in princess dresses and makeup. It's driving me batty![;)] I have to call this week and register her for 4yo K. My lil babe is growing up.[:(] I'm going a bit stir crazy with the winter weather and cannot wait for summer.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!
denise

Re : Is Everyone Staying Warm?

Postby kara » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:14 am

BRRRRR!!!! I hope it isn't colder up north Denise! I saw -4 for the HIGH down here today! I called my babysitter and she is still up for coming out to the house today to watch Avery...so I guess I will get in to the office...in jeans and boots today! She is from the Eastern Bloc...so, this weather probably isn't too uncommon for her. I was out all day Sat and Sun showing homes tho. That totally wiped me. We tried weaning Avery off her prescription formula ($400/mo is killing us). We tried once before as Ped gastro said kiddos usually outgrow the Dairy/soy protein intolerance between 12 months and 18 months. We tried once before to end up with upset tummies and chronic diarrhea. The last 4 days have been fine and then last night she was up for several hours with gas and upset tummy. Guessing the diarrhea will start today. So that was a bummer and burst our bubble of going to over the counter formula. The sensory issues are getting so much better, and she is actually taking real naps now!! Though she is still up 3-7 times a night...I feel your exhaustion Denise. I've aged 20 years in past 15 months.

Can't wait for the next meeting and talking about the MADISON Walk-A-Thon!! I'm finalizing details as we speak and will get those to you!

Stay warm and don't go out unless you have too! It's bitter!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:37 am

The temperature here in Indy just an hour ago was 0 (zero). It is cold! Stay warm! I need to pay Wisconsin a visit sometime, I haven't been back home in ages.
timelessbeauty

Postby mom2tori » Mon Feb 05, 2007 01:51 pm

We are all indoors today too. Victoria didn't have school today and we are very doubtful for her having it tomorrow too. She is doing great in school!! In fact she just received a letter home saying she got the principal/teacher award....I got to ask what that is exactly. Savanna is doing alright. She is getting very big and is also a happy baby (for the most part)She still has a bit of a cough from the pneumonia yet. Her doc said that could hang out for up to 6 weeks!! She was sleeping through the night and taking good naps but the last few nights she is up around 3 or 4. She still takes naps but they aren't as good as they were so we are guessing maybe teeth are on there way.
mom2tori

Postby kara » Mon Feb 05, 2007 03:59 pm

Sue, -4 is our high in Southcentral WI, -13 on the drive to work this AM. I think Wasau was -25 or something. And those do NOT include the windchill! I'm headin' south!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Mon Feb 05, 2007 04:33 pm

We had -18 when we woke up with a windchill of almost -40. Brrrrr.... Stay warm ladies!

denise

Postby mada » Mon Feb 05, 2007 05:12 pm

Okay gals...It's your neighbor here in Northern Illinois and dear lord this is ridiculous!!! It's 25 degrees warmer in Alaska!!! Stay warm ladies!!!! I bet we have a lot of births come next november:)
mada

Postby denise » Mon Feb 05, 2007 08:47 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Mada

I bet we have a lot of births come next november:)

Not at my house.[:o)][;)][:D]
denise

Postby kara » Mon Feb 05, 2007 09:10 pm

Not at my house either...it's too cold to take your clothes off! Our furnace went out today...and the baby sitter didn't tell me until 4:00..at which point we called furnace company and we were already on time and half for the technician. Fortunatly we have a wood burning fireplace...and wood. So I lit a fire and wrapped Avery in an electric blanket in her high chair until they got here and got it fixed tonight. $300 later...we are warming up. That'll teach us to NEVER skip furnace maintenance. D'oh!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Tue Feb 06, 2007 08:50 am

Oy! That happened to a woman I spoke with over the weekend. Yikes, now is not the time to have furnace issues. Glad they were able to get out to you right away Kara!!
denise

Next

Return to Wisconsin