Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Who's from Minnesota??

Re : Who's from Minnesota??

Postby sevi99 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:08 pm

Hi!
My name is Chera and I am in South Central MN - Mankato!! I had Preeclampsia with my first pregnancy and am currently pregnant with number 2! I was diagnosed at 27 weeks and put on bedrest until I ultimately delivered a healthy baby at 35 weeks. He was little but he was strong and we made it through it OK.. but it still scares me every day! My hope is to establish a local chapter in the Mankato area so women around here can be informed!

sevi99

Postby grace04 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 05:53 pm

Hello Chera and welcome! Thank you so much for your note. Be sure to put May 10th on your calendar... that is when we have the annual walk-a-thon. There is one held in the cities, or if you want, you can start one in Mankato (we will help you). Just let me know! My email is jaime@preeclampsia.org

grace04

Postby miranda childers » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:11 am

Welcome Chera! Yes- as Jaime said- the Mpls. Walk-a-thon will be May 10th this year and we'd LOVE to see you! But if you're interested in having a separate walk in Mankato we'd certainly help you out! Feel free to e-mail me anytime: minnesota@preeclampsia.org. Again - welcome!
miranda childers

Postby jenanderson » Tue Nov 20, 2007 05:34 pm

Where is the walk a thon held? Any way I can get involved and help out? I'm willing to do what ever!
jenanderson

Postby miranda childers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 08:52 pm

Hello! The walk will be held the Saturday of Mother's Day Weekend. It will be in the Minneapolis area although the exact location is yet to be determined. Last year it was held in Edina, MN. I think we may have it at that same location. We are planning to have our kick-off meeting after the holidays - probably mid January.

I'll be sure to post on this site the official time / date / place of the meeting. You can also send me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you directly!

I'm thrilled that you want to get involved and help out! Feel free to e-mail me directly with any questions - minnesota@preeclampsia.org
Miranda
miranda childers

Postby fiona » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Miranda, do you really want your phone number available on the internet? You might want to edit your posts and give the number by email.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby miranda childers » Wed Nov 28, 2007 09:32 am

Thanks Fiona - I've edited. I guess I was thinking that phone numbers are fairly easy to access on-line anyway...but thanks for looking out for me!
miranda childers

Postby cherasevcik » Mon Dec 03, 2007 05:22 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I'd love to be at the walk-athon or even start one in Mankato, however I am due June 12th, so depending on how this pregnancy goes.. I will plan to be a part of it!
cherasevcik

Postby aliyataube » Sat Jan 26, 2008 05:25 pm

Hello,
I live in Stillwater Minnesota and work in White Bear Lake, since having my little Jack I have been doing a lot of reserach on PE and the effects of it and would love to get involved in any local events to bring awarness of this afliction on pregnant women.
aliyataube

Postby mnmom » Tue Jan 29, 2008 07:27 am

Welcome from northern Minnesota! I love the Stillwater area. Looks like May 10th is the walk. Last year it fell on my daughter's last track meet, so I wasn't able to attend. Hopefully, this year!

This sight is such a support system, from prepregnancy to childhood issues. Just sharing your thoughts and experiences with others helps so much!

Hope to see you around lots!
mnmom
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota