Post Reply FAQ Members Login

do we know where the 2006 annual meeting will be?

Re : do we know where the 2006 annual meeting will be?

Postby jenandtheboys » Sat Oct 15, 2005 08:12 am

Lori, that sounds like an awesome idea! You're right, I don't know exactly what would be involved and whether people would come, but even if just a few of us did....

Not like I'm volunteering [;)] but Charleston is a great place with lots to do. Beaches, historic stuff, aquarium, the list goes on and on. Should we try to "float" an idea out there and see how people react to it? Basically just a social weekend, get to know each other in person, sightseeing and "hanging out", right? Let me know what you think we should try next, and if it really gets off the ground I will help, like I said before.
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Sat Oct 15, 2005 09:59 am

I got an email from Carol (She copied you on it as well). I am waiting to hear from Eleni and then we can discuss to see if there is anyway we can take it on. I know our plates are all full so we'll see.

I think we can wait and see how the conference thing pans out..If we don't have it here and no one else does it then I don't see what would be wrong w/just having an informal post regarding a meet and greet. I agree Charleston would be a great place! Although I am sure there are other places in other states that would be good too..I know we are partial to our state though! LOL!!
lorelei

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Oct 22, 2005 06:37 pm

I have sooo wanted to go to the last two conferences. I was planning to start saving now so I could afford to go to the one in 2006, so I hope we have one! SC sounds great! If that does not work out, we may be able to try northwest Florida. I have some connections here in the hotel business, and we may be able to book a hotel on the beach at a decent rate (won't be cheap on the beach, though). I could look into Pensacola, Navarre and Destin beaches. Summer will be more expensive, although it seems summer is a good time for a lot of folks. I belong to the Northwest Florida/South Alabmama chapter, so I will bring it up to those ladies if anyone is interested.
hannahsmom

Postby lorelei » Sat Oct 22, 2005 07:52 pm

Suzanne, If it's something you feel you would like to take on then I say have at it. Jen and I have both been busy and haven't even discussed the emails yet. We all here in SC live a good distance from each other and I almost would think it would be crucial for us to get together to work on some aspects of the planning so I am just not sure. If you can get it worked on then go ahead! I'd almost say that whoever really works on it first should be who gets it anyway. In Eleni's email to me she pointed out that the conferenece would almost need to be centrally located to a big city, or at least where a big airport would be. Well we have a semi big airport in Greenville, but there would be more to do in the cities away from there which would be looking at a 2-3 hour drive to them. So I am thinking that to accomodate everyone that it would need to be in a big city. I was thinking the Atlanta area would be great, but it's close to me.lol..I want to go this year and should be able to swing it granted the dates don't interfere w/anything.

Basically what I am summing up is that we won't have our toes stepped on if you want to try to look at some info regarding hosting it in FL.

One thing we need to figure out is how we are going to decide, say if you did some figuring on FL and we seriously decided that we wanted to do it in SC how one would decide where would be right to have it..maybe majority rules? I don't know...

Ileana? Eleni? Jaime?
lorelei

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Oct 22, 2005 09:46 pm

Oooh...Atlanta sounds good too! I'm up for anything! I don't care one way or the other, but I would be glad to look at pricing here if anyone wants me to. Does not matter one bit to me!
hannahsmom

Postby darcynulph » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:26 pm

Has it been confirmed where and when the 2006 meeting will take place?
darcynulph

Postby mikeys mom » Thu Jan 19, 2006 07:25 am

Atlanta would be excellent and I would do as much as possible. I am really good at taking directions I just don't have a lot of good ideas to begin with. (Did I mention that is where I live :) or could you just tell by my enthusiasm?)

Even if it is in SC I would do my best to get there. Atlanta would just make it very convenient and I could do any leg work you guys need!
mikeys mom

Postby kdreher » Thu Jan 19, 2006 08:06 am

I don't think it has been confirmed. They try to plan it in conjunction with the folks who host a PIH conference as well....not sure if they have one every year. Even though the turn out was small, it was great to meet everyone, cry with everyone and get educated! Worth the trip..and we MUST encourage spouses, boyfriends, significant others, partners, etc to join us, I think the men will greatly benefit from this (or women).
kdreher

Postby darcynulph » Thu Jan 19, 2006 08:50 am

I am interested in attending, not sure if dh can go. Do you know which month it will be?
darcynulph

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:35 am

Chicago and Indianapolis were mentioned in the conference call as good candidates also. Just have to see how much MY plate can handle for setting this all up. hehehe

Let's research and see where we want to have it. Everyone come up with a FUN family location for your city of choice and one Conference center complete with babysitting option for your city of choice. Then, we shall see what cost and accessability do for a turn out?
timelessbeauty

PreviousNext

Return to Conferences