Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Leadership Training Conference - It is happening!

Leadership Training Conference - It is happening!

Postby carolh » Mon May 08, 2006 00:03 am

Just a quick post to let everyone know that our first-ever Leadership Training Conference is officially being planned!

For those of you who were waiting to see if it was really going to happen...the time is here so make your plans! We are working on the final registration materials that will give you information about lodging, conference location, the preliminary program, directions from the Indianapolis airport, information about local activities, and registration/payment information. For purposes of selecting your arrival times into Indy, be aware that the registration and welcoming event on Friday July 21st will begin sometime in the late afternoon. We plan to conclude the conference on Sunday July 23rd sometime in the mid-afternoon so everyone can travel back home.

If you didn't pre-register and would like to now, the total cost for late registration (from now until the conference) will be $125 ($25 of which is non-refundable).

The scholarship information is also being finalized and we will be contacting those who indicated they were interested in learning more about either receiving or providing scholarships. Remember, our goal is to try to help as much as we can to get people to the conference. If you find that the financial aspect of coming is a stumbling block, please apply for the scholarship assistance once we release those documents.

We are excited to meet new volunteers at this conference and add depth to our current volunteer program. I also want to strongly encourage all of our current volunteers (Group Coordinators, Moderators and all others) to attend as well. Providing training and education materials to all who volunteer for our organization is an investment into the future of the Foundation. Preparing you for your vital role as a volunteer will help ensure our ability to provide various programs and services to our ever-growing membership and to reach women BEFORE they have a reason to join our ranks!

More information will be coming in the weeks ahead. Please email me at carol@preeclampsia.org if you have any questions in the meantime.

Looking forward to meeting LOTS of you in July!

Carol

carolh

Re : Leadership Training Conference - It is happening!

Postby jillmushet » Mon May 08, 2006 11:49 am

This is wonderful news! I will share it with AZ members.
jillmushet

Postby jamilyn » Tue Jun 06, 2006 04:14 pm

hello - any new news on the conference? like a location or anything like that. im wanting to finalize my plans and am trying to look into hotels.
Thank you
jamilyn

Postby miracle3 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 05:31 pm

Is it to late to sign up???? I need to send in my information
miracle3

Postby allic » Tue Jun 13, 2006 01:24 am

Hi! Quick Question: Do we know when everything is starting on Friday for the conference? I'll be at another conference in Vegas that ends on the 21st, and I can fly in later, but I don't want to miss too much. Do we have an itinerary? Please let me know ASAP so I can register and get a flight. Thanks so much!
allic

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Jun 13, 2006 09:05 am

We are just finishing up information and will have our registration brochure and an email blast talking about the conference out to you very very soon! Hotel rooms will be set aside so you will just have to call and reserve your room once we let you know. I know this seems like it's getting down to the wire but I am EXCITED at what we are going to be doing! This is the first training conference for PF and groundwork is being put in place for our opportunities to keep growing as we grow in membership!
timelessbeauty

Postby allic » Wed Jun 14, 2006 01:11 am

Sounds exciting. I spoke to Carol today, and told her to count me in! I'm psyched to be meeting everyone and can't wait to share my fundraising experiences (the good, the bad & the ugly[:p]). Do we know how many people are planning to attend?
allic

Postby jamilyn » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:01 pm

The conference went so good.!!! I just wanted to Thank Everyone who helpec plan and put everything together it was a wonderful conference and im so happy I was able to attend.! It was great meeting everyone who attended as well.
jamilyn

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Jul 24, 2006 09:48 am

I am so glad you had a good time Jamilyn! I was so happy to try and pass out hugs to everyone I saw! It really feels almost like a family reunion in that we talk with each other via email, posts, phone calls and now we get to put the faces with the personalities. Dr. Easterling's information was great! I learned more about the process the body goes through during the incident of PE even if we don't know why that becomes triggered. And I think I learned what I did wrong when trying to approach some of the local media so that makes me very hopeful for my next event! I cannot tell you how excited I was to meet everyone! We have learned a lot from our first ever Leadership Training Conference and I think that will lead to more excitement for our next one! WOOHOO Go Team!
timelessbeauty

Postby allic » Wed Jul 26, 2006 00:26 am

I just wanted to say thank you to every one who attended the conference and especially to the people who helped organize it. Huge motivation, huge support and huge healing went on at this conference. I feel so connected to my PE "sisters"...and "brothers" now. To actually be able to put a face with the screen names and be able to share stories and hugs with them. Until this conference I hadn't really realized what an incredible group of people we are. Those of you who weren't able to attend, should start saving your pennies now. Regardless of your "degree of loss" it will probably be one of the most healing things you could do. I plan to make sure my husband attends the next one with me to see why we are all so motivated to move towards the day when we stop getting new members. I'm looking very forward to next years conference. Thanks again everyone!
allic

Return to Conferences