oh darn...another shy baby day at U/S

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
angelkat

Re : oh darn...another shy baby day at U/S

Postby angelkat » Thu Feb 12, 637970 10:58 pm

Since I have three boys I have to say... Boys LOVE their Mommies...

Congrats to you!

ileana

Postby ileana » Thu Feb 12, 637970 10:43 pm

Woohoo! That's great! Congratulations! Boys are cool!

lucy

Postby lucy » Sun Feb 01, 637970 3:01 pm

Huge congratulations lady!!

amym

Postby amym » Fri Jan 30, 637970 7:30 am

Congrats, Laura!

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Jan 30, 637970 7:27 am

Laura - I cannot believe I am getting to this so late! Don't trick me with subject lines...! Congratulations on a little boy! There is something about mothers and sons...

Mada - That's hilarious!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Tue Jan 20, 637970 11:03 pm

Congrats Laura!

Mada, great story!! Loved it!

laceyboggess

Postby laceyboggess » Tue Jan 20, 637970 8:23 pm

That is hillarious, Mada. Where did you get that? I have to send that to all my friends who have little boys. Thanks for making my day!

mada

Postby mada » Tue Jan 20, 637970 8:03 am

Boys....
couple had two little boys, ages 8 and 10, who were
excessively mischievous. They were always getting into trouble and their parents knew that, if any mischief occurred in their town, their sons were probably involved.

They boys' mother heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys. The clergyman agreed, but asked to see them individually. So the mother sent her 8-year-old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the clergyman in the afternoon.

The clergyman, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God?".

They boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there with his mouth hanging open, wide-eyed. So the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God!!?"
Again the boy made no attempt to answer. So the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "WHERE IS GOD!?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room, ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him. When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time, dude. God is missing - and they think WE did it!"

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Tue Jan 20, 637970 3:21 am

Many congrats!!! I knew it!!

I would share the whole story of my eldest son's "ultrasound" but I think he would kill me...now that he is 21. Needless to say, my younger brother (who was with me) lept into the air and with his fist flying said "YES!!" upon hearing the news. The tech (who assumed this guy was my husband) said, "Is that what you wanted" and Dan (all of 20) got all composed and said, "We're just glad he's healthy"...[:D] Ya-sure!

Being the proud mom to four boys--welcome to MY world! As Fiona says--food, the occasional (much resisted) bath and let em run. Of course, that requires a place to run. If you don't like them running (jumping, swashbuckling, Karate chopping, bouncing, flipping, WWF Smackdowns) start the meditation NOW.

Just to give you a little glimpse of your future--this week was the boys' midwinter break and this is what we did:

Monday: Used Toys R Us gift coupons from Grandpa--bought Star Wars Lego toys; came home, played computer games, Nintendo, ran around outside throwing things.
Tuesday: Went to Funtasia--go-carting, batting cages, lots of quarters lost; came home, played computer games, Nintendo, ran around outside throwing things.
Wednesday: The Reptile Zoo--including a photo with the boa. Now we want snakes (not);came home, played computer games, Nintendo, ran around outside throwing things.
Thursday: Went to visit big brother at college and see his girlfriend's apartment. Boys were bored--other than the pizza lunch and the running (jumping, swashbuckling, Karate chopping, bouncing, flipping, WWF Smackdowns)IN the poor girl's apartment;came home, played computer games, Nintendo, ran around outside throwing things.
Friday: Taking them back to their dad's.
Saturday--I think I will be sitting staring at the wall in a stupor!

Just a glimpse of what is ahead for you...

denise

Postby denise » Tue Jan 20, 637970 3:15 am

Congrats Laura!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”