Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Virginia Coordinator Introduction!!

Virginia Coordinator Introduction!!

Postby kjones » Sat Jul 16, 2005 08:39 pm

My name is Krysti Jones, I am from Va. I suffered from Severe Preeclampsia, Hellp, & Eclampsia resulting in the death of our precious son Carson Bailey, October 30, 2003, my placenta abrupted with complete seperation, due to uncontrolled high blood pressure, I almost lost my life too, 3 minutes later getting to the hospital, and I would have died with my son. This deadly disease progressed rapidly in me. We turned around, and I became pregnant again in 2004, I developed Severe Preeclampsia again, then Gestational Diabetes shortly after, was in month 5 at onset this time, at 6 months was put in hospital until delivery. He pushed me to make it to 34 weeks, did amnio, and delivered her by c-section. She was kept in NICU for 5 days, and we were released together, I remained in the hospital all this time, due to wound infection. Keiana Shay is 9 months old. She has food allergies, food intoleraces, reflux, and allergic eosinophilic gastropathy. She has not been able to start any solids yet, she has been allergic to everything we have given her, she is on Elecare formula, after switching numerous times. She also is on alot of medications for these problems, in which alot of what they tried on her she was also allergic to those. We have had a time with her, but she is more than worth it, she is our miracle child. We also have a son, Cody Tyler, he was born early, he is 13. I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful foundation, and I will do my best to reach out to each, and everyone in Va. Let's get this state a rocking!! We together can make a difference. My email address is jcckjones@aol.com. Email me if you need anything, I am here. I will be doing some outreach at the first of the week to see what all I can get going. I look forward to meeting, and talking with you all!!
kjones

Re : Virginia Coordinator Introduction!!

Postby melissam » Sun Jul 17, 2005 05:30 pm

Welcome Krysti,

It is great to finally have something started here in Virginia. There are a few of us up here in Northern VA, DC Metro and Maryland. We are going to try to get a meeting here sometime soon. Not sure when yet. But I will let you know when we do.

Welcome again. It is good to have you aboard.
melissam

Postby kdreher » Sun Jul 17, 2005 05:43 pm

HI Krysti..wanted to send my welcome to you.
kdreher

Postby kjones » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:04 pm

I am still awaiting Virginia list, hopefully I will get it soon, and we can start planning to get this state rocking! I have sent things into Carol for some approvals, I have alot of ideas. They are numerous.. I am really anxious to share them as soon as I can!!
kjones

Postby rsloan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:06 am

K
I'm excited that you have taken the stand for VA. Impatiently awaiting our group formation and eager to hear your ideas. Keep me in mind whenever you need any help.
rsloan

Postby paige_va » Tue Oct 04, 2005 01:30 pm

I'm in NOVA, and would love to get involved once things get rolling.
paige_va

Postby henrys mom » Sun Feb 12, 2006 09:00 am

Hi,

My name is Shauna Brown and I delivered our son Henry at 34 weeks due to pre-e. He is now a little over 2 months old. We live in Fredericksburg, VA.

It is great to know that there is a support network of Mothers who understand what this experience is like and are looking for answers to help prevent other Mothers and families from having to experience Pre-e.

Feel free to let me know about the activities/communication the Virginia group will be doing.
henrys mom

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Feb 12, 2006 09:30 am

Your daughter was born on my son's birthday. :-) Sorry I am late in welcoming you but welcome to the GC crowd!

timelessbeauty

Postby lori k » Tue Oct 10, 2006 05:02 pm

Hi Kristi,

I have recently moved to Virginia. I had Preeclampsia with my son (now 3 1/2 years old). I was curious about the resources in Virginia for preeclampsia in case we were to have another child at some point.

Lori
lori k

Postby imemc3 » Fri May 18, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi,

I am Elaine Cliborne and I had severe preeclampsia (HELLP Syndrome). Our daughter was delivered at 23 weeks do to the syndrome. She was our first baby. When she was born she was 430 grams and was showing at 21 weeks. She lived for 2 hours after delivery. My husband decided to wake me up a few hours after surgery so I could hold our precious angel. She was so small and so beautiful. She will forever be in our hearts. We are currently trying and it can be a frustrating process. Everyone is in my prayers! I hope we can get something rolling in VA soon!
imemc3

Next

Return to Virginia