Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hello Again -

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Hello Again -

Postby anathor21 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:06 am

by anathor21 (519 Posts), Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:06 am

Well, I have not posted an update in quite some time as there really hasn't been much new to tell - which in this forum is generally a good thing.

Anyway, here is our update. We're scheduled for a c/s this Wednesday morning at 39 1/2 weeks. Everyone involved (including our OB) is very pleased and actually a bit surprised that we made it all the way. For those reading the "average delivery 2 weeks after diagnosis" and thinking they have limited time - well, someone has to go all the way to average up those who are diagnosed and delivered the same day and this pregnancy it appears we drew that card.

The numbers for those interested:

BP has continued to rise very slowly - still "on the line" of diagnostic criteria - generally daytime runs 140's/high 80's with our occasional spike and drop thrown in. We were never able to actually correlate BP and activity.

24hr Protein levels were not steady, rather they seemed to float between 400-600 (slightly higher average near the end). We were doing these (and full blood work) twice a week so lots of data points there.

We were never put on strict bedrest, rather just "take it easy" was our instruction. Thus I suspect that our case would lend support for those who believe bedrest is not essential for management. Still, we tried to keep her somewhat less stressed and cut down on major outings...

So, here we are - just 4 days left til I get to hold my little son. I'll plan to post again after delivery, naturally, but don't know when I'll get any computer time once that happens - still trying to figure out how to manage the girls while DW is in the hospital, but that's another story, heh.

Good luck to all and thanks for your support etc. I'll likely stil be around reading posts as time permits... Who knows, maybe we'll go for #4 afterall, heh.
anathor21

Re : Hello Again -

Postby allish » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:38 pm

by allish (79 Posts), Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:38 pm

I'm glad to hear things are going well. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts :)
allish

Return to Dads