Anyone from or around boston area...

Re : Anyone from or around boston area...

Postby mollysmom » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:40 pm

Hi All -
I am a new member. We actually live North of Boston. I visit this site occassionally. My daughter was born at 29 1/2 weeks in Boston at ****, MA due to severe PE. She spent 51 days in the NICU and has been strong since the day she was born. She's 17 1/2 months old now and (knock on wood)in great health. My husband and I count our lucky stars every day. She recently started walking so our life is needless to say very busy!
I didn't think at the time I would ever want to have another child after everything we went thru, but now I can say, I would love for her to have a sibling. My greatest fear is going thru this all over again but when I look at her, it was all worth it. I have been on BP medication since delivering her. I was always just right on the edge of it being slightly high.
So I just wanted to see if there were any others from Massachusetts! It's so nice to have a place to chat with others who had the same experience. [:)]
mollysmom

Postby cams mom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:25 am

Hi there!

My name is Vicki and I live about a half hour south of Boston. My son was born on November 1, 2005 at 30 weeks IUGR/SGA weighing 1lb 11.5oz. I had udetected PE throughout my pregnancy. Then I developed a blood clot in my leg two weeks after I had him by c-section. I have a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden. I'm on coumidin for it.

Cameron just celebrated his 1st birthday! I can't believe how fast the year went by. We have issues with weight and nutrition. He is still not on the growth chart weighing in just the other day at 13lbs 8oz. He is 28 inches. He's very active, but due to the SGA (small for gestational age)has very slow gut motility so he never really gives us hunger signs. We just have to keep feeding him throughout the day. His weight issues stress me out so much, but I have to remind myself that things could be a lot worse. He brings us a lot of joy and has to be the funniest kid I know!

His father and I are both only children and wanted to have at least 2 kids, possibly 3, but after what happened with my first pregnancy and knowing how stressful Cameron's first year was I feel like I shouldn't push my luck. It's a tough decision to make.
cams mom

Postby anathor21 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 04:41 pm

hi there Cams Mom! [:)]

Looks like we now have almost a handful of folks in this area actually willing to post and show they exist here.. thus there may well be far more actually reading.

Anyone interesting in trying to get together to swap stories, show off kids, discuss PE, or perhaps just terrorize a local restaurant with a bunch of crazy families? If so, I'd be glad to help organize such a get-together somewhere... (have to find a time/place etc - that's always hard, and it sounds like folks are spread about quite a bit, but let's see if there is any interest!).

Reply here - open a new thread, or send me an email and I'll tally up the votes and let folks know what I learn...
anathor21

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:37 am

Wow, there are quite a few members to this state actively posting these days. I invite anyone to let me know if you are hosting a meeting or would like to help serve as a point of contact for your state (Massachusetts) for other members that may like to join you to share their stories and get more information on PE. I welcome anyone wishing to become a Massachusetts volunteer to contact me at NationalGC@preeclampsia.org and we can talk about what you can do to help bring awareness to something so devastating.

timelessbeauty

Postby kriscurran » Wed Nov 22, 2006 08:32 pm

Hi
I would be interested if you are getting together. I live in Danvers which is north of Boston. Let me know if you have more interest and where you are thinking of meeting. Sounds fun

kriscurran

Postby annegarrett » Thu Nov 23, 2006 04:23 am

Just as an FYI: the Preeclampsia Foundation's annual gala fundraiser will be next fall in Boston and I am helping organize that so will be out your way. I lived in Somerville and West Medford for five years back in the late 80/early 90s. If any of you all are interested in helping out with the "on the ground" organizing, I know we will need volunteers in the area. Thanks!! If I get out to Boston before then (most likely) will post here.

annegarrett

Previous

Return to Massachusetts