Please tell us about the conference

Please tell us about the conference

Postby jillmushet » Wed Jul 26, 2006 09:22 pm

Love to hear all about the conference! Do tell..
jillmushet

Re : Please tell us about the conference

Postby sarab » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:12 am

Yeah, I'm dying to hear the juicy details as well!
sarab
Site Admin

Postby anathor21 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 02:55 pm

It is hard to know what to say exactly.

It was well worth the trip for me. I learned a great deal and was very happy to finally meet some of the folks who I have until now only known through messages, emails and occasional chats online.

The presentation by Dr. Easterling was informative as you would expect and I came away from it encouraged that there is hope for finding good new PE treatments in the not so distant future - pehaps even a drug based off some of the sFLT work could be available in time for my daughters if they should need it. His work on managing PE is equally exciting and encouraging - and perhaps more immediatly applicable, but I don't know how or if it will get into the mainstream anytime in the near future.

The presentation on helping with the grieving and healing was informative as well. Although I hope not to personally apply it anytime in the near future, I'm sure that as long as I remain in this "business" that it will likely be unavoidable so I'm grateful for every tip and bit of advice I can get in how to help others cope with such losses.

Dealing with the media another area that I lack experience in - and there again I found the dicussion to be quite worthwhile. Many practical tips from initial contact to conducting interviews and followup. It was also very encouraging to see fellow PE volunteers stand up and share their stories - both successful and otherwise WRT the media. Amazing how much some folks have acomplished with a little bit of determination and motivation.

Obviously the informal just chatting time was spent swapping stories and getting to know each other. I was surprised at how quickly I felt comfortable in the group - felt like family very soon after meeting and I'm generally not really the social type.

Overall the impression I am left with is that the foundation has some very special folks making up it's fabric and that pretty much is capable of achieving whatever goals we as a group decide to go after. Although the time was short we achieved a lot of things.
anathor21

Postby fiona » Thu Jul 27, 2006 05:43 pm

Thanks Erik. Wish I could have been there.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Return to Conferences