Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New here and moving to the Nassau County and.....

New here and moving to the Nassau County and.....

Postby nascarbaby12006 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 03:40 pm

by nascarbaby12006 (7 Posts), Tue Mar 07, 2006 03:40 pm

Hi Group!
I was recommended to check this part of the board out... Why you might ask? I am relocating to the Nassau/Devaul county. Here is a lil about me.
I have a almost 10 yr old lil man. I had him when I was only 33 1/2 weeks due to preeclampsia, gestational diabetes. I never had bp problems b4 all that happen, never was tested either. I am currently on bp meds since I had him. I have done some research, and found that aldomet(sp?)is the only bp med safe to take while pregnant. My bf and I are wanting to expand in the family way, but I am so scared to death and dont want to go thru it again. I also have been told there is a dr that handles this type of high risk pregnancies called a perinatologist. I was wondering if anyone could suggest or highly recommend a perinatologist in or around about area of where I am moving to? I would love to experience a full/ healthy term when I do get pregnant..... Any suggestions or recommendations greatly welcomed and appreciated.
Holly
nascarbaby12006

Re : New here and moving to the Nassau County and.....

Postby crystal.t. » Thu Jun 08, 2006 08:28 am

by crystal.t. (13 Posts), Thu Jun 08, 2006 08:28 am

I live in jacksonville, but grew up in Yulee and Fernandina.
crystal.t.

Postby nicoleharrison » Thu Jun 08, 2006 01:20 pm

by nicoleharrison (249 Posts), Thu Jun 08, 2006 01:20 pm

Welcome! I am in the tampa area and the only perinatolgist is in st. pete. You should surely see one to get tested for any underlying disorders before trying again. Good luck to you!

Nicole
nicoleharrison

Postby julie f » Thu Jun 08, 2006 02:10 pm

by julie f (7993 Posts), Thu Jun 08, 2006 02:10 pm

I'm not in FL but just wanted to jump on and wish you the best of luck.

Here is a website that you can use to check for high-risks/peris in your state: www.smfm.org , you can also call your insurance company and see if they can help you out. I am sure too that the women here will be able to email you some great recommendations. We can't mention specific doctor's names on the Forums for liability reasons but it's fine to do so via private email.

Also, about blood pressure medications suring pregnancy - Check out this link: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1929 It is from our Experts Forum discusses why aldomet is often used. It's important to note though that there are many other options out there during pregnancy. It really just depends on your doctor and your situation.

Best of luck!
julie f

Postby nicoleharrison » Thu Jun 08, 2006 02:54 pm

by nicoleharrison (249 Posts), Thu Jun 08, 2006 02:54 pm

what I meant to say was...the only perinatologist I know of is in st. pete! I actually contacted someone in another county that someone in the forum had recommended and he was able to refer me to someone local. I have been very happy with him. :)
nicoleharrison

Return to Florida