ONTARIO!!!

Residents of Canada

ONTARIO!!!

Postby kpowers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 03:55 pm

Well I would like to introduce myself as I have become Co-coordinator of ontario. There are to other ladies that are co-coordinators as well. I am looking forward to working with them and anyone else that would like to help.
A little about myself. Well in Dec 2004 I was told I had Preeclampsia and that my life was in grave danger because they couldn't control my blood presure. I phoned my parents and they flew in from Edmonton. I was 24 weeks along and Emma had only grew to about 22. I was told a soon as my parents arived they would have to induce me because my blood pressure was to high to do a c-section and that it would put my next pregnancies at risk. They told me that the chances of Emma surviving were slim and not to get my hopes up. Anyways to sum it up I was in labour for 2 1/2 days. She was born still on Dec 12 2005. I was in the hospital for another week (roughly) I found this site shortly after coming home from the hospiral and wanting to know more about the condition that I had and the risks for next time. I found out by the resarch I did that I also had Help. The next doctors vist confirmed that. So now I want to spread the word on what Pe is and see if I can help anyone either not go through the same thing I did or just be there for them when they do. Also fundraise. Drop me a line if you have any questions or just to chat.
KIM
kpowers

Re : ONTARIO!!!

Postby 1_happy_mummy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 08:57 am

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Are you from London? I just moved here a year or so ago. I'm on my way out but will check back in a little bit. Hope to hear from you soon. Would love to help get the word out about Preeclampsia.

Alisha [:)]
1_happy_mummy

Postby kpowers » Wed Aug 10, 2005 07:11 pm

No I am not from london, I moved here 2 years ago with my husband, because this is his home. If you'd like to get together sometime email. Acutally anybody feel free to email me
kpowers

Postby adri0927 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Kim,
So sorry for your loss.
So nice to have a coordinator for Ontario.
I live in Collingwood, am pregnant with our second child, had preeclampsia with our first, thank God she is alive and healthy.
I am however petrified of having preeclampsia again.
I am 22 weeks.
adri0927

Return to Canada