Baby ok but now my wife is very sick again!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Baby ok but now my wife is very sick again!

Postby jluettgen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 04:39 pm

Hi all! My wife is "Pipper". Our baby boy, Remy, is doing great and might actually be coming home tomorrow (now 4 lbs 6 oz). Unfortunately Pipper has not been feeling well for almost 2 weeks since being discharged. She has been vomitting almost every day and water is basicly the only thing she has been able to keep down. She's been in the ER twice and in contact with her OB the whole time. They've checked her stitches, checked her blood for infection, did xrays and still we have no answers. They gave her antibiotics, anti anxiety medicine, and meds for her stomach pain. Now they sent her to a GI doc and for an ultrasound, they've mentioned something about maybe a blood clot. Does this sound familiar to anyone in the forum!?!? I'm so frustrated I can't get answers and she just keeps losing weight/getting sick.
jluettgen

Re : Baby ok but now my wife is very sick again!

Postby tree » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 pm

I am sorry to hear that your wife is so sick. I haven't heard of anything like that happening before. We will be thinking of her.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby aundapenner » Sat Feb 20, 2010 03:48 am

I am so sorry to hear your wife isn't doing well.

I have no clue what to tell you - have you contacted her MFM? 2 weeks is a long time to be going through all that - on top of having fought preeclampsia.

If it were me though, I would be demanding answers immediately and wouldn't leave the ER/hospital until she's on the mend.

On a positive side, I am very joyful to hear your little one is doing well and can almost come home. I hope your wife will be able to be healthy before he does though ...

(((hugs)))
aundapenner

Postby raspbeari » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:32 am

I'm sorry to hear about how sick your wife is. It sounds incredibly stressful to not know what is going on.
I know there have been a few women who post here who have had some serious health problems after delivery. It sounds like for sure something is going on, I hope they can figure it out and your wife gets better soon.
raspbeari

Postby jmom08 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 05:17 pm

I am sorry about your wife's illness, and hope they can figure out how to help her soon!!
jmom08

Postby caryn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Sorry to miss this yesterday...

Did they check her blood for elevated liver enzymes? Vomiting plus stomach pain could mean liver problems. She could have postpartum preeclampsia.

I hope her OB has checked that and that she's turning the corner today -- please keep us posted.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby atvlady » Wed Mar 31, 2010 03:58 pm

Any update on Pipper's condition?
atvlady

Return to After your baby is born .....