Residents of Canada

Postby jacobkaden » Wed Jun 20, 2007 02:40 pm

[8D]

Hello fellow Canadians!

I just discovered this wonderful, informative website - wow have I learned a lot from everyone! One year ago today I was admitted to XXXX Hospital in London, Ontario for severe pre-eclampsia at 26 weeks. I was only able to carry for another 4 days. My son Jacob was born on June 25 and spent the next 9 months in the NICU and then on to the PICU and finally in the regular peds ward in Hamilton.

He has had a lot of complications from his prematurity, but is slowly overcoming them one by one. He still has a tracheostomy for his airway which was not fully matured. He will have this for the next 4-16 months. He also has hearing loss and will require a hearing aid. It has been a long, painful, challenging year for DH, Jacob and I. As I look back to a year ago, we are all in such a better place! I am so proud of my little guy and all he has overcome. Reading some of your stories, I know that we are indeed very, very LUCKY! [:0] PE is a horrible disease and I am just thankful I knew what to watch for, as I know both Jacob and I may not have been here otherwise!
jacobkaden

Re : Newbie

Postby fiona » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:49 am

Hi Kimberley.

we don't see much traffic over here in the Canadian forum - there's quite a few of us around, but everyone's really spread out. I'm in Vancouver, myself.

Glad you found us - and pleased to see you joining the Parents of Preemies forum - we have many moms of micro-preemies who know exactly what you're going through.

Take care.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Return to Canada