Post Reply FAQ Members Login

WAT kind of HELLP do I need?

Re : WAT kind of HELLP do I need?

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:24 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:24 am

I will send the timeline and we can brainstorm together.
timelessbeauty

Postby princess_ame » Tue Nov 22, 2005 04:51 pm

by princess_ame (268 Posts), Tue Nov 22, 2005 04:51 pm

I would love to help out more, but I don't know how much help I will be able to be. My girls finally got well, and then we all had the flu this weekend- everyone of us. And, my dh has decided to really go full force on school in order to get done a semester early, so he will be taking 18 credit hours. That will keep me rather tied up as we only have one vehicle and he will be doing school everyday. If there is something I can help with at home, let me know.
Also, I have e-mailed people who have e-mailed me and I am unsure whether or not you have recieved them. I don't know if it worked..so thought I would check.
princess_ame

Postby whosures » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:02 am

by whosures (106 Posts), Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:02 am

Debbie Benningfield

Director of Events

White River State Park Green Spaces

The Murat Centre

502 N. New Jersey

Indianapolis, IN 46204

317-231-0000 ext. 207

317-231-9410 Fax

debbiebenningfield@murat.com
whosures

Postby kristen8843 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:09 am

by kristen8843 (94 Posts), Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:09 am

Hi Sue,

Just curious how things are going with the walkathon planning? After Christmas, my schedule will clear up a little, so if you need anything, just let me know!!
kristen8843

Postby bicyclist » Mon Jan 09, 2006 02:56 pm

by bicyclist (123 Posts), Mon Jan 09, 2006 02:56 pm

Hi Sue,
I would like to help out with the walk. Do you have any tasks that you need help with that can be worked on while the site is being figured out? I have time to help during January.
bicyclist

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Jan 09, 2006 04:01 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Mon Jan 09, 2006 04:01 pm

I just emailed you and welcome aboard! I will get back to you around Wednesday when I have a little more time to talk. :-)

timelessbeauty

Postby whosures » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:09 am

by whosures (106 Posts), Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:09 am

Where is the walk going to be held? I'll do what I can to help. WalkAmerica is April 29th and I'm helping plan that. So I might be able to get some walker names for us.
whosures

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:37 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:37 am

Still don't have a definite for the WAT location. I've put a call in to a couple places and hope to hear back today provided I can stay off the computer long enough. LOL (One phone line)

I have the idea of doing a "memorial/honoring" walking path much like when you read the names off at the November event. They could read the signs of the names of children who have been affected by a PE Pregnancy, read statistics and names of sponsors along the way.

I have put a phone call into the girl scouts office downtown to possibly create a badge earning community service project for them to help serve water, cookies, etc at a few stations along the walking path. I have a few baby afghans for raffle/give away items depending on park rules. I need help getting sponsors (hospitals, baby stores, sell it again shops?, OB offices, etc) to help with funding for shirts and such.

I kind of had a thought, what if we could have the shirts a different color than white, like bright pink and bright/bold blue? Or Tie Dye the shirts to match if you have had more than one pregnancy affected by PE. (Which would mean I would need two pink swirls and two blue, LOL) Of course I have never tie dyed anything before in my life so that would be an experience and I'd probably go through a few shirts to get my pattern right. lol

Going to investigate local craft stores for ideas on how to put together the memory/honor signs for the walking path. Granted I'm just going to get ideas at this point because I need for the park to confirm if I can "aerate" their walkway. LOL But I am hoping to find small stakes/wires to put in the soil and heavy enough signage to stay put should it be a windy day, plus waterproof to deflect rain. I think rain or shine, I'm hosting a walk!

What do you think about GS cookies being offered to walkers? It will help my daughter's troop out and they keep for quite a while, especially if you freeze them. Just trying to think of how many boxes I might need for something like this. Help two causes with one stone? lol

I'm open for more ideas. I want to make this first time out of the stalls a successful run(walk)! lol .. Anyone else open for helping out with the WAT in INDY?

Email me if you can think of something else we can do. I'd like to get a Max and Erma's dinner night going for fundraising purposes. We can use funding for set up, printing, etc. I plan to donate as much as I can from home. I have 1 card table and another small table we can use for registration set up, but we will need more tables I think for drink stations, kids play area, etc. Dollar retail shop coloring books and crayons for the "kids fun table"?

Ciao for now.
timelessbeauty

Postby lizzybeth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 02:01 am

by lizzybeth (867 Posts), Tue Jan 24, 2006 02:01 am

HOLEEEEEE FUND RAISING FANATIC!

Sue, you have some great ideas!

Lizzybeth just lurking [:D]
lizzybeth

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Jan 24, 2006 05:15 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Tue Jan 24, 2006 05:15 pm

Location to secure is Downtowns Canal area for the WAT. It's beautiful there and would be perfect for people to see us and has a nice route. We can attach signs to light posts with permission from the city to do what I was thinking about for the memorial/honoring stat sponsor signage. Now we need to kick it into gear for fund raising. ANy helpers with a garage sale, restaurant dine in night, or other?? I've got a friend with soy candles that will donate profits for us. Hit me with your ideas!
timelessbeauty

Previous

Return to Indiana