Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Iowa / Illinois Get-together?

Iowa / Illinois Get-together?

Postby shellysmomdad » Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:58 pm

Is anyone from Iowa and/or Illinois interested in a October get-together? We had people from both states attend our 2006 WAT. Would be a good oppurtunity to get better acquainted, share stories, discuss ideas, etc.
Hope to hear from someone.
shellysmomdad

Re : Iowa / Illinois Get-together?

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Sep 21, 2006 04:40 pm

Aye .. email me where you are located in IA .. how close to the IL border are you? Do you have a "meeting spot" already in mind?
timelessbeauty

Postby lizzybeth » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:40 pm

Please keep me in that loop too!

lizzybeth in Illinois
lizzybeth

Postby kara » Fri Sep 22, 2006 03:25 am

Davenport, IA is right on the IL border! Sorry, just a Wisconsinite chipping in! I'm orignally from Davenport. If you have the get together the weekend of October 15th, maybe I could invite myself over, as I will be in the area visiting relatives!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Sep 22, 2006 08:55 am

Hey Now .. October 14th is the Shirt Signing event in Chicago, you will have to lend your signature to Jill's Marathon shirt before you travel from WI to IA! LOL .. We have a LOT of connections to make and support to dole around in this great big USA and yet how small it seems when we can hop in a car and travel to give out hugs in another city! How kewl is that??!?!?! WOOHOO ..

timelessbeauty

Postby shellysmomdad » Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:22 am

We live on a farm outside of Walcott (5 minutes from I-80), about 15 minutes from Davenport, which is on the IA/ILL border, along the Mississippi River.
Haven't picked a meeting location yet. Was waiting to see how big/small of a response I got.

John
shellysmomdad

Postby mada » Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:24 am

I could do that drive blindfolded!! When I lived in Co. I took I-80 through Iowa to Il and we always stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Davenport off I-80. Keep me posted. I would make a trip there.
mada

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:33 am

I like that restaurant. And with dragging my whole family there to meet, we could pick up a souvenir magnet for our fridge from their gift shop! hehehe
timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 01:51 pm

What about coming up to Chicago from your area? It will take me 3 hrs plus some to get to Chicago and the same amount if not more to travel to IA border where you are .. and then 5+ hours to get home and go to work Sunday night. Want to make it a BIG Chicago gathering? Three posters here are IL members and I am an IN member, would you want to come this way to meet or would that be too hard? Just asking. :-)
timelessbeauty

Postby shellysmomdad » Tue Oct 03, 2006 02:54 pm

Hi Sue,
I apologize for being M.I.A. lately and not updating everyone on our plans for a get-together.
The Quad Cities YM/YWCA is having a Healthy Lifestyle Fair on Saturday, Oct. 14 from 8am till noon. I've been invited to have a table at this event to represent the PF and distribute brochures and info about the 2007 WAT (already have the WAT site reserved!). I think I can accomplish more by being at this event. So, I won't be able to make Chicago or have a local get-together. Sorry! But, I have tentatively scheduled Saturday, November 4th as our local get-together. That's the earliest date that I'll be available, as Oct. 21 doesn't work, and we'll be at Saving Grace Oct.26-28. I'll be sending out more info on our get-together later this week, and would be grateful to all who can attend. Hope this will work for your schedules.

John
shellysmomdad

Next

Return to Iowa