signatures?

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

signatures?

Postby jgrumet » Wed Sep 24, 2008 00:21 am

Is there a reason I can't see any of your signatures? Before I signed up I used to be able to see them, but they've seemed to disappear.
jgrumet

Re : signatures?

Postby sarab » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:29 am

Hi there,

I just emailed you about this, but wanted to post here as well for any others who may be having the same problem. I've looked into it and can't figure out any specific reason why you wouldn't be able to see siggies. How's that for helpful? ;) I'm going to bump this up to our webmaster and see if we can't figure out what's going on.
sarab
Site Admin

Postby quincyf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:49 am

THis may be stating the obvious, but in your profile edit page, there is a box that says yes or no to the question, do you want to view signatures. For basic troubleshooting, maybe you could doublecheck you have answered yes.
Sorry if you already did this.
Q
quincyf

Postby sarab » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 am

Weird, Quincy! That definitely sounds like the solution, but I have never seen that as an option before - and I've been doing this for a long time. I am able to edit the members' profiles to help out with lost passwords and things, and don't see it anywhere on the edit screen for my profile, jgrumet, or even you, Quincy. That is so weird!

Jgrumet, it would definitely be worth a look into your edit page to see if this is an option for you.
sarab
Site Admin

Postby kara » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 am

Hey, I see that option too! If you go to your profile page Sara, the option is right under where you'd type in your own signature...just below the "preview" button. We learn something new every day!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby sarab » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 am

Well, Quincy, you learn something new every day! I usually take care of member's profiles (including my own) on the back end, and have never seen the siggie question before. I just tried it "the old fashioned way", and lo and behold, there it is! Thanks for your help!

So, jgrumet, go up to the menu in the top right-hand corner of the forum page and click on "profile". From there you will be taken to the page where you can edit your profile. There is a drop down box to choose if you would like to view signatures.
sarab
Site Admin

Return to Ask an Administrator