Post Reply FAQ Members Login

MN Baby Expo - NEED YOUR HELP

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

MN Baby Expo - NEED YOUR HELP

Postby kara » Fri Jan 08, 2010 06:42 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Fri Jan 08, 2010 06:42 pm

The Preeclampsia Foundation has been invited to host a booth at the MN Baby Expo (Minneapolis Convention Center) in April 2010, and we don't want to miss this opportunity! Expectant mothers, and soon to be expectant mothers are our MOST CRITICAL population!! We want to get to them before they have to find us.

We need a couple of volunteers to cover the tables during the event, hand out brochures, perhaps sell some merchandise, advertise our May 2010 Minnesota Walk, and direct people to our website.

The best part of this event is that the PF has a GRANT Program that will cover the costs associated with the booth and materials. This grant program is also available for ANY awareness event.

If you are interested, please post here, or email me through my profile for more information. We want to reserve a great booth space.
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : MN Baby Expo - NEED YOUR HELP

Postby kara » Mon Jan 25, 2010 08:34 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Mon Jan 25, 2010 08:34 pm

I'm happy to report that we currently have about 7 volunteers in the Minneapolis area who will be hosting a booth at this Baby Expo! We can always use more people, so please do contact me if you are interested. It should be a fun weekend.

I'm also thrilled that two of those volunteers came to us, not through personal experiences with Preeclampsia, but because they WANT to volunteer in their communities. One of the volunteers said he chose the Preeclampsia Foundation because he "believe's all babies deserve a healthy start", and the other person said, "Because the Preeclampsia Foundation is a respected organization and influential in the local community".

Isn't it great to know that the Foundation is reaching beyond those of us with personal experiences, and beyond to the general public?

Thanks MN volunteers!
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange