Post Reply FAQ Members Login

idea: Babycenter.com pregnancy bulletin?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : idea: Babycenter.com pregnancy bulletin?

Postby kara » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Jamilyn,

Thanks for that information. It actually makes a difference in the project Emily is working on. Did you recall the PE info being thorough, good information?
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby jamilyn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 02:47 am

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Mon Aug 23, 2010 02:47 am

somehow I didnt see this before and its probably a little too late! I didnt think it was very thorough it was just a little bit of information which I guess is better then nothing. I was talking to my GF who has beena round every since my 1st pregnancy and she has had 2 babies herself. I said how it still amazed me how many women dont know what PE is until they get it when we get checked for it at every appointment with our urine being dipped and our BP checked and she had no idea thats what they were checking for doing that.
Sorry again for the late response, if you guys are still working on this and you would like more info please let me know. Im all for doing whatever I can to get the word out better!
jamilyn

Postby kara » Mon Aug 23, 2010 06:44 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Mon Aug 23, 2010 06:44 pm

Hi Jamilyn,

We are no longer working on it. Actually, we ended up having a good response thanks to 4 or 5 forum members and their family and friends; including one member who got 30 letters/emails sent. We did get a response from BabyCenter and they are going to ramp up their efforts on sending preeeclampsia information out to their members.

Thanks everyone, especially EmilyVR who spearheaded the advocacy project.
kara
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange