Long-term survivors?

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Long-term survivors?

Postby audrey s. » Thu Feb 07, 2008 01:13 am

I've been a member here and lurked off and on for some time. However, my daughter is now 12 1/2, and I am post (surgically) menopausal, and am interested in sharing stories w/other long-term survivors. I'm especially interested in stories of ongoing health issues, as I work in cardiology and am always trying to raise awareness of PE, etc. w/the adult cardiologists. There's not been a good long-term study, as far as I know, of those of us who had PE years ago, and I would like a forum for us as well.

The forums here would have been wonderful when I was pregnant. I bet there are others out there like me who could use a place to share that long-term support, as we delivered in an era where they really didn't understand the whole thing.

Thanks for considering this!
audrey s.

Re : Long-term survivors?

Postby lgw » Thu Feb 07, 2008 06:30 am

Audrey:
Good idea. I'll forward your post to Tom Viall, our Executive Director, and see if we can't get a forum set up for you. On an aside, we have also completed our PE/CVD brochures and should have them printed sometime soon. As soon as we get them printed, we can mail some of them to you for distribution.
Leslie
lgw

Postby audrey s. » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks! [:)]
audrey s.

Postby tom-pf-exd » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:29 am

udrey:

Your's is an awfully good suggestion -- especially in light of the recent studies you reference. Let's see what kind of response we get to your posting and then look into the possibilities. I will be shocked if the response is not strong.

Thanks SO much for sharing your excellent idea . . . the forums need to evolve and respond to changing needs if they are to remain a vital and useful place for members of our community to gather, share, and learn.

With all best wishes . . .

Tom.
tom-pf-exd

Postby elainej9 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:45 am

Audrey,
I think its a great idea, the more knowledge we get the better off we can all be. Being aware is a key to our health and our futures. I have participated with Doctors on studies of PE as I believe there is a lot more to learn than we know today!
Thanks
Elaine
elainej9

Postby aundapenner » Thu Feb 07, 2008 01:49 pm

I think it's a great idea ... especially with my family history of PE (mom and sis).
aundapenner

Postby sonja » Thu Feb 07, 2008 06:04 pm

I too love this idea. I always feel a bit stange bringing up to my PCP that I had pre-e, because even though I know it effects my future health, I don't know how up my PCP is on this and I don't want to come across as an internet MD. For me, my issue is cronic hypertension, but I know that pre-e brings up so many issues that it may be hard to narrow down.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby misscoleyp » Thu Feb 07, 2008 07:53 pm

I would just like to be aware of what is around the next turn in the road. If you know what I mean...
misscoleyp

Postby alaskamommy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Me too!
alaskamommy

Postby catherine » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Audrey, I'm with you. I know that there is growing recognition in the medical community that a bout of preeclampsia is a significant risk factor for future cardiovascular disease for all sufferers, chronic hypertensives or not. Caryn is doing an awesome job tracking the newest publications etc, but for now this is more "cutting edge" than "standard of care".
catherine
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Ask an Administrator