Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Postby shannon74 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 02:56 am

Hi everyone, my name is Shannon and I am from the Greenville area as well. I have been checking out the website for a couple of weeks, but finally decided to sign up since we are considering TTC again. I was diagnosed with PE and severe PIH at 29 weeks and put in the hospital at 32 weeks due to major migrane, seeing spots, and a BP of 210/120. I was induced 2 weeks later because the BP was still 160/90. Owen weighed 5 pounds 9 ounses and spent 3 weeks in the NICU due to underdeveloped lungs, but it's impossible to tell now, he is a big boy with no health problems. I wish I had known about this website sooner, especially when I was diagnosed and the weeks that followed, because as most of you know DR's are not very forthcoming with information on PE and PIH, and I really could of used some support from people who have been through the same thing. I am anticipating getting to know all of you.
shannon74

Re : Another Newbie

Postby jenandtheboys » Sat Dec 31, 2005 08:00 am

Hi,Shannon! Welcome. DH and I went to Furman and are originally from Spartanburg, but we live in Charleston now! Good to meet you, looking forward to getting to know another SC member! E mail if you need anything! [:)]
jenandtheboys

Postby lorelei » Sun Jan 01, 2006 08:04 pm

Hi Shannon! Sorry so slow on the welcome. We were out of town over the weekend. I live in Seneca. You will find tons of great info on this website!

If you are interested in a getting together w/us let me know either by posting on here or sending me an email thru my user name on the forum. We are planning a trip to the Children's Museum in Columbia on the 14th of this month.

Look forward to getting to know you!!
lorelei

Postby bambia » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:28 am

Welcome Shannon! I'm so glad you found it here. I'm pretty new too and love this site! I have found so much information! Good luck with ttcing #2!

Btw, I'm Bambi and I live in Greenville. :)
bambia

Postby siobhanisabel » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:13 am

hello all
i am new to this site i lost my son on january 30 06
siobhanisabel

Postby jenandtheboys » Sat Feb 18, 2006 02:12 pm

Hi, I wrote to you on your other post in grief and loss section. It may feel too soon for you to do this, but I would encourage you to stay involved in the forums here and get to know people, it really helps me a lot. Also, our SC group gets together sometimes, so we will contact you whenever we arrange another meeting, and maybe you can join us.

We are all very sorry for the loss you have suffered, no mother should ever have to experience that. Always feel free to contact any of us, and let us know if we can do anything, even if it's just to listen to you--sometimes that's a really important need.
jenandtheboys

Return to South Carolina