I had severe pre-eclampsia/HELLP with my oldest daughter 25 years ago and she was born at 28 weeks. She had severe pre-eclampsia with her first who was also born at 28 weeks (less than two years ago). My daughter is now preganant again with her second (currently 20 weeks gestation), and living in Germany while her husband is serving in the Army. They have planned a home visit to the US for Thanksgiving/Christmas, but my daughter will be 22 weeks pregnant upon arrival. She is very tired and plans to stay for the duration of her pregnancy (caring for a toddler with no support, other than her husband who works long hours in the military); she has recently (past couple days) noticed swelling in her feet. She has a Dr. appt. in 4 days, and is supposed to have her FIRST ultrasound.
For obvious reasons, I'm VERY worried and nervous. I'm waiting to see what her blood pressure and protein level is on Tuesday -- She needs to be with a specialist and I'm wondering if she will be OK to travel? She feels certain her husband can not leave any sooner which means they are a little over two weeks away from departing Germany for the US. I know there is no crystal ball, but will she be OK to fly? I'm thinking she would be best to be on BP meds prior to departure, but wanted to see what the 'experts' recommendation would be. I'm having a difficult time being so far away and am not sure what to do! PLEASE RESPOND!