Locked FAQ Members Login

symptoms, history -- but sometimes low pressures?

Do you have a burning question you just have to ask our Medical Board Experts about hypertensive pregnancies? Please email your question to expert@preeclampsia.org Keep in mind, however, that we won't be able to answer every question and our docs can't offer medical advice and won't be able to comment on specific medical cases.

symptoms, history -- but sometimes low pressures?

Postby expert@preeclampsia.org » Mon Feb 01, 2010 02:01 pm

by expert@preeclampsia.org (322 Posts), Mon Feb 01, 2010 02:01 pm

Hi-
I'm pregnant with my 3rd child. With my first pregnancy I experienced the HELLP Syndrome. With my second, I had PIH.
Right now I'm 33 weeks pregnant. I have been on bedrest since 21 weeks for my high blood pressure. My 24 hour urine sample was at 290 2 months ago. I haven't had protein in my urine samples at the office so far.

I'm experiencing headaches and also seeing black floating spots sometimes. I went into L&D last night. They did blood work and after being there for a hour my blood pressure was at 115/60. My labs were fine and the doctor never came in to see me. He told the nurse to tell me he wished he had my BP.

I'm still having headaches this morning. What could be causing this and should I demand better treatment for my doctor's office? I have also felt flu like symptons since 20 weeks. I ache all over my body and I have gained 65 pounds so far.

Thank you so much! Any advice would be great!
expert@preeclampsia.org

Re : symptoms, history -- but sometimes low pressures?

Postby expert@preeclampsia.org » Mon Feb 01, 2010 02:02 pm

by expert@preeclampsia.org (322 Posts), Mon Feb 01, 2010 02:02 pm

They seem to be responding appropriately - checking BP, checking labs, checking the baby.

Is your baby growing normally on US? did they put you in the fetal monitor?

You are probably developing preeclampsia - we just do not know when. Continue to watch you own symptoms and be seen again if they change.
expert@preeclampsia.org

Return to Ask the Experts