Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Looking for Houston Peri

Looking for Houston Peri

Postby adgirl » Thu May 31, 2007 00:01 am

by adgirl (530 Posts), Thu May 31, 2007 00:01 am

You can read my synopsis of my recent experience at this link
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22884

I had severe post partum hypertension with my son, and once he turned two, I started the (what has become long) journey to TTC again.

Long story short, it looks like I may be referred to a doc or group in Houston for a consult. If any of you knows of a good group or doc, please email me directly.

Thanks!
adgirl

Re : Looking for Houston Peri

Postby alviarin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 01:17 am

by alviarin (1644 Posts), Sun Jun 03, 2007 01:17 am

What part of Houston are you in? I live south of Houston.

I also have tested negative for underlying disorders, but my paternal grandmother and mother-in-law have both had PE so for me it just might be genetics.

I'm still on blood pressure meds 9 months post-partum, my gp is referring me to a cardiologist to cover all bases (to rule out something like renal artery stenosis).

With my son my blood pressure returned to normal right away, but with my daughter my blood pressure peaked a week post-partum even while on the max dose of Aldomet.
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re : Looking for Houston Peri

Postby adgirl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 02:09 pm

by adgirl (530 Posts), Mon Jun 04, 2007 02:09 pm

I actually live about an hour and a half north of houston -- anywhere in Houston would work for me b/c i'll have to make a special trip anyway. this is just for a consult, not for regular care.

Do you know of a good peri in the area? Email me directly please!

Thanks!
adgirl

Re: Looking for Houston Peri

Postby amberherr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 09:28 am

by amberherr (1 Posts), Sat Aug 25, 2012 09:28 am

I know this post is years old, but I just wanted to put this out there, for anyone else looking for a peri in houston. Dr *** of *** is a wonderful wonderful MFM. He has loads of experience with Pre E, and HELLP. I had my daughter at 28 weeks due to Pre E. And am currently pregnant, almost 36 weeks and counting, all thanks to the help of Dr. ****. I owe my healthy pregnancy, my healthy body, and above all, my soon to be healthy son to him and his staff!
Last edited by caryn on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove doctor name - sorry! Please share names privately.
amberherr

Return to Texas