New role call for TN folks

heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : New role call for TN folks

Postby heather j » Fri Oct 27, 2006 04:51 pm

What would that include, Sue? Could it be sanely managed (ah-hem..co-managed any other TN folk...) with a two-year-old and another on the way? I know, I know...warriors like you do it all the time. [:)] I am bowing to your multi-tasking bravado!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Oct 27, 2006 01:31 pm

Eh hem .. hmm .. Heather, you sure you wouldn't be interested in the GC position in TN?? hehehe
You are already working the rounds!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:40 am

Cara - do you still teach? I'm on "early" (very early) retirement :) . We definitely need to get a group started. Hopefully, this thread will help develop one!

Alex - hehehe! I was probably entering this world when you were moving to Louisiana! I was born in December of '78, so you're not that much older than me!

BTW I went to grad school at UT as well. Big surprise since I've been here FOREVER.

crogers

Postby crogers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 07:48 am

Heather, BTW, I'm a teacher as well...I taught Music in elementary school[:)]

crogers

Postby crogers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 07:47 am

Brooke:

So nice to see another TN person on here. I am so sorry you had to experience PE though. It IS really scary...and I wish we did not have to go through these things.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to let you know these ladies are amazing on here- so any time you have a question, feel free to post!

Heather, I think we have enough people to warrant a "TN meeting" sometime soon [:D]

What do you think??

alexp

Postby alexp » Thu Oct 26, 2006 09:42 pm

It has been a while since I lived in Knoxville - in fact, you might not have been alive then Heather !:) I was there from 1975-1978 - my father was in graduate school at UT. We moved to TX when I was 3 1/2, then on to Louisiana, which is where I consider "home".

We moved back to TN in 1991 after my parents divorced - we lived with my grandmother in Monteagle, then in Tullahoma, then in Manchester. I moved back to Louisiana in 1993 - or 1994 - not sure. My mother and sibs moved to Sewanee in 1998.

My mother's whole family lives in Grundy County!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Oct 26, 2006 05:28 pm

Hey, Brooke. My bp didn't return to "normal" until 4 months postpartum - so there's still hope [:)]...sometimes, more often than not, it just takes a while!

Alex...you lived in TN!? I'm in Knoxville and have lived here forever...when were you here - ie what year(s)?

I knew there were LOTS of TN folks floating around out there!!! How EXCITING to find you all!

alexp

Postby alexp » Thu Oct 26, 2006 02:58 pm

This doesn't count, but my mother lives in Sewanee :). My grandma lives in Monteagle - and I have lived in Knoxville, Tullahoma, and Manchester as a kid/teen.

Tennessee is such a beautiful state!

sugarmag

Postby sugarmag » Thu Oct 26, 2006 02:19 pm

I everyone! My name is Brooke and I live about 30 minutes West outside of Chattanooga. I just had a baby girl named Malayna exactly two months ago today. I also have twin angel girls in Heaven that I lost at 17 weeks due to them being monoamniotic (cord entanglement.)

I developed post partum preeclampsia after I had my baby. My blood pressure got high within one hour after induction. 24 hours after I gave birth I was put on the magnesium sulfate IV for 24 hours, and then later that night I was put on BP medicine. I was very scared. The labor and delivery was a piece of cake compared to thinking I was going to have a stroke and/or a seizure.

My OB tried to take me off of my BP medicine at my 7 week check-up. He lowered my dosage and within one week, my BP was very high again. So I am now back on my BP medicine twice daily until December. I am wondering if I will be diagnosed with chronic hypertension when I go back. It will be 3 1/2 months at my December visit.

I just wanted to say hello to you all and introduce myself. I am researching preeclampsia and came across this forum.

May God bless you all.
Brooke
Mom to Malayna-Born 8/24/06
~i~ Ashlyn & Kahlyn ~i~ June 30, 2005 (Monoamniotic Twin Angels)

lrreardo

Postby lrreardo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 01:35 pm

My name is Rebecca and I live basically in Chattanooga...but just 0.1 mile from the Ga TN line on the GA side. I used to work in Chattanooga, but I now stay at home with both my boys and go to nursing school at night.

Return to “Tennessee”