New role call for TN folks

Re : New role call for TN folks

Postby crogers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 07:47 am

Brooke:

So nice to see another TN person on here. I am so sorry you had to experience PE though. It IS really scary...and I wish we did not have to go through these things.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to let you know these ladies are amazing on here- so any time you have a question, feel free to post!

Heather, I think we have enough people to warrant a "TN meeting" sometime soon [:D]

What do you think??
crogers

Postby crogers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 07:48 am

Heather, BTW, I'm a teacher as well...I taught Music in elementary school[:)]
crogers

Postby heather j » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:40 am

Cara - do you still teach? I'm on "early" (very early) retirement :) . We definitely need to get a group started. Hopefully, this thread will help develop one!

Alex - hehehe! I was probably entering this world when you were moving to Louisiana! I was born in December of '78, so you're not that much older than me!

BTW I went to grad school at UT as well. Big surprise since I've been here FOREVER.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Oct 27, 2006 01:31 pm

Eh hem .. hmm .. Heather, you sure you wouldn't be interested in the GC position in TN?? hehehe
You are already working the rounds!
timelessbeauty

Postby heather j » Fri Oct 27, 2006 04:51 pm

What would that include, Sue? Could it be sanely managed (ah-hem..co-managed any other TN folk...) with a two-year-old and another on the way? I know, I know...warriors like you do it all the time. [:)] I am bowing to your multi-tasking bravado!
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Oct 27, 2006 06:20 pm

I tell you what, if you are going to be on the Online Saving Grace Chat Party tonight, we can discuss GC events and goals we have in mind to reach in the next year. I simply do what I can when I can and pray I am making a difference in what I can accomplish. I still have to battle laundry, a munchkin that turns Houdini and keeps climbing out of the pack n play, one that refuses to nap with an emphatic "NO!" and another that shows so much appreciation for my thoughtful reminders to do her homework each night. And now that I've worked in a parttime job on top of it all, I've taken up juggling as a fulltime sport. hehehe

I tell you, the more people we can bring on board to spread the word, the better. It's kind of like being the first one to nervously ask a question in class. Everyone else is listening and possibly even too afraid to ask but wants to know the same answer. We are the ones asking the tough questions and trying to get the answers and so many more are listening right now. I hope to motivate many more to ask questions, keep listening, brainstorm possibilities with us for more awareness/greater recognition, a greater pool of resources to do more research/awareness/support, and give those that feel alone in their area another person to talk to that can understand the impact the PE disease can leave on an individual which is not understood by the average bystander.

I know, sounds like a podium speech, and I'll step down but I really believe in championing this cause for so many women struck unaware by it's devastating effects. I fear my own children could be among the masses that are devastated by loss when the time comes for them to have their own children. I've lost a son, I've lost a spouse, I don't want more families to have to understand what that feels like and endure the grief that goes with it.

I don't expect everyone to take on as much as I do because there are plenty of projects out there that can be done and by more than one person. The more help we can get, the more we can accomplish with Team Work. More people means more ideas, more hands, more time available to accomplish projects. I'm just excited to see members like yourself work up meetings with others. I will be going back through state posts looking for more members with enthusiastic personalities, such as yourself! :-) Keep up the great posts and I'll hopefully talk to you soon!
timelessbeauty

Postby suz7171 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 07:39 pm

I'll jump in the TN chat. As Heather already knows, I live in Knoxville, too. I've been here for 17 years. I spent the first 18 years of my life in Kingsport. I have almost three year-old twin boys who keep me hopping.

Suzanne

PS - Heather - I didn't know you used to be a teacher....me too! Where did you teach?
suz7171

Postby heather j » Sun Oct 29, 2006 09:20 pm

I was wondering when you'd pop in, Suzanne ;)!

I used to teach at Heritage MS; I taught English and reading for 8th graders. I also interned at South Doyle MS in Knox. What about you?

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby ozierja » Thu Nov 02, 2006 03:54 pm

I know I have been out of reach the last few days but I'm willing to help in anyway with awareness, etc. from Nashville and middle Tennessee. I went to Gatlinburg for a small trip!
ozierja

Postby heather j » Thu Nov 02, 2006 04:51 pm

Good time to see Gatlinburg...IMO peak color has been this past week; it's been gorgeous!
heather j
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Tennessee