kick counts stress me out!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cindync

Re : kick counts stress me out!!

Postby cindync » Sat Oct 13, 637979 6:34 am

I was just going to post to see how your pregnancy is doing.........I do not think we have ever posted anything to one another, but I know your story.

When I was pg with my daughter I did not feel her move for a whole day, I was probably about 32 weeks or so, can not remember (I had her at 36 weeks), but anyway, when I called they told me to drink something with caffeine in it. Drank a coke, nothing. Called back, went into L&D, they have me mountain dew, she started moving all over the place, she was basically "hiding", where I could not feel her. So maybe next time, drink some moutain dew!

Good luck to you......I hope you make it further, and that you have a very happy delivery, and can avoid the NICU.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Oct 13, 637979 12:52 am

NSTs are usually (of course there are exceptions -- some begin at 28) started at 32 weeks.

jana m

Postby jana m » Fri Oct 12, 637979 6:39 pm

Beth,
I'll be going weekly, just so they can keep a closer watch on me and baby as I approach the next few weeks. I've actually been going every two weeks to my Peri for pretty much my whole pregnancy. It's helped my sanity for sure. If you are curious as to what they will be doing at your weekly visits, maybe you can call and ask. At least you'll know what to expect when you get there.

My peri is an hour away, but if he wasn't, I think I'd ask for twice weekly visits (still might do that!). I think I'm just the most relaxed when I am at the doctor!

bhesseling

Postby bhesseling » Fri Oct 12, 637979 4:38 pm

I do know what u mean, altho this little girl is pretty much always active...even at 3am [:p] Everything and anything is stressful during this pg tho...

I now have to go weekly to the dr - found that out yesterday...stinks but I understand. They haven't mentioned anything about NSTs or even another u/s...is that strange? Jana and Sara - your thoughts? (Since we're all w/in a few days of each other)...

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Tue Oct 02, 637979 5:49 pm

Jana,

Funny you should post this topic because my sister is 37 weeks pregnant and she went into the Ob's last week and she told him that she hadn't felt the baby moving much so they did a fetal stress test on her and the baby and her were just fine! The nurse and dr. both told her that since she is a lot bigger now and almost ready to deliver( they are taking the baby out at 39 weeks) there isn't as much room to move around. Sounds like your same situation.
I delivered my son at 33 weeks and didn't have to do them but they sound stressful!!!
Best of luck to you:))

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Tue Oct 02, 637979 3:10 pm

Jana, I know what you mean. Most days, this girl is as active as can be, passing her kick counts in 10-15 minutes. But there have been some days where it takes almost an hour, and it's so frightening. I'm glad you're starting your BPPs soon. Hopefully they'll give you some peace of mind!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Oct 02, 637979 1:47 pm

Ella was the same way...I felt tons of movement with her until the last few weeks and she slowed down a lot. It was more twists and rolls, and not so frequent at that. There are some days that babies are just more sluggish than others -- they have lazy days, too, I guess! I know it's maddening! On those days, I'd find myself doing kick counts every hour - a little obsessive, but what can I say? Hang in there! BTW I TOTALLY can't believe you are almost 31 weeks!?!?!?!

jana m

Postby jana m » Tue Oct 02, 637979 9:45 am

I am having weekly BPP's starting this Friday. I can't wait. I am counting the hours....

laura

Postby laura » Tue Oct 02, 637979 9:31 am

YES! I've been there, with my last two pregnancies. I freaked out on my doctor today because my little critter hasn't been moving well- and you know, he's passing his NSTs and has a nice big pocket of amniotic fluid. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Are you going to start doing NST's soon? That can be a nice reassurance that these guys are doing ok... Hang in there, this stuff is torture.

jana m

kick counts stress me out!!

Postby jana m » Tue Oct 02, 637979 8:35 am

I feel like I'm going to loose it! My little guy is usually a busy little bee. Today, he's been a bit slower and less active than usual. After my second set of kick counts, I called my doctor. He was just taking so long, when he is usually so quick to finish. My doctor said that as babies get bigger (I am 30w 5d today!), their movement patterns change and they also tend to rest a bit more. He told me to do them again after dinner and if he didn't pass to go into the hospital. Well, I just did them and he passed, although it did take a bit longer than usual (about 45-50 minutes instead of a usual 15-20). I felt like I was holding my breath between each movement. AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyway, anyone have similar experience, where your baby has a day here or there where they are moving, just maybe not as dramatically or as frequently?

Sorry for ranting and raving, but I just had to get it out. I don't think I'll take my blood pressure tonight. I'm afraid I'd break the machine! [:)]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”