Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Any Interest??

Any Interest??

Postby molly419 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 08:11 pm

Any local members in the Philadelphia/Harrisburg/Lancaster/Reading/York area interested in coordinating at walk-a-thon for 2008?

I have to admit that I have the walk-a-thon bug...anyone else have an itch? [:D]
molly419

Re : Any Interest??

Postby laraeamie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:06 am

I would love to help, but I just emailed Dawn and since last year there was not a walk I still collected money and mailed them to Indiana I think and I have never received the t-shirts or acknowledgement that it was received. I am a little disappointed about it!! I would love to have a walk.
laraeamie

Postby molly419 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 02:34 pm

Hi Amy,

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear that your effects went unnoticed with your solo walk last year. Everyone's effects should be appreciated and recognized!

I am interested in a walk, but I don't want to head one myself. With two under my belt, five months is not enough time for just one person....I don't know if Dawn is interested...or how much work that you want to commit to a WAT...but maybe we could get a group forming.

I am all for moving forward with planning, if dedicated individuals, families or couples come forward.
molly419

Postby eddie_k » Thu Jan 24, 2008 04:12 pm

quote:
Originally posted by mlaureto

Hi Amy,

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear that your effects went unnoticed with your solo walk last year. Everyone's effects should be appreciated and recognized!

I am interested in a walk, but I don't want to head one myself. With two under my belt, five months is not enough time for just one person....I don't know if Dawn is interested...or how much work that you want to commit to a WAT...but maybe we could get a group forming.

I am all for moving forward with planning, if dedicated individuals, families or couples come forward.

I can help to some extent. We are expecting our third around the time of the WAT so I can not man it up myself but I would certainly be welling to be part of the team. Let me know.
eddie_k

Postby bicyclist » Thu Jan 24, 2008 05:34 pm

Hi Amy,
Please email me with the sizes that you need and your mailing address. I will ask the office to send them out to you. I am sorry that you didn't get your shirts back at walk time. I am glad that you let us know, so that we can get them to you. Please call the foundation office 800# or email me if you need help or have any other questions. I will check on the pledges you sent in as well.

Thank you for your 2007 Walk efforts, we do appreciate your help! If you are interested in taking a look at the 2008 Walk CD, let me know and we'll get one to you.

Thanks for all you do to create Preeclampsia Awareness!

Kathy
bicyclist

Postby Dawn D » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Yay!!! I am so glad to see this interest for a local WAT. PA can do great things...all three of you are amazing....so a WAT lead by any/all would certainly be a success!!

and I am willing to be a "helper" to any person/team who wants to step up.

The new planning CD that Kathy is referring to is FULL of info that guides coordinators and should make things pretty easy.

Important first steps would be to decide where to hold it, and if it should be held on Mother's Day weekend or as a seperate solo walk on another later date (in Pottstown/Reading/Phil area I know that March of Dimes and Relay for Life stuff occurs on surrounding weekends in May).

Anyway, I'm "in" to assist as needed. :-)
Dawn D

Postby laraeamie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:02 am

Eddie where are you located? I was going to look into a place around Delaware County? Is that close to you? I know that Molly is in Harrisburg?? I think and Dawn is in Easton. Just wondered where you are located.
laraeamie

Postby eddie_k » Fri Jan 25, 2008 01:35 pm

I am in Willow Grove (I have family in Chester and Mont. counties so I go there a lot) but I should be able to give help no matter where it is.
eddie_k

Postby molly419 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 04:35 pm

I am located in Lancaster.
molly419

Postby jenniferf » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this, but would really love to get involved and help out. I live in West Chester.
jenniferf

Next

Return to Pennsylvania