"Get Together"

"Get Together"

Postby allic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 01:33 pm

Let's take a head count of how many are in the:

Tampa/St. Pete area
Naples/Ft. Myers/Sarasota
Titusville/Ft. Lauderdale
Anywhere else that isn't close to one of those areas.

Our ideas are: indoor day trip for summer time; Naples zoo or other outdoor venue that is somewhere in the middle for all of us; places where the smaller groups listed above could have smaller "get togethers."

Let's get this FL group going again! [:p]
Love,
Alli
allic

Re : "Get Together"

Postby wheresmyskirt » Wed Aug 02, 2006 02:30 pm

HERE! *raises hand and waves in the air*
i'm in Tamarac and thats just northwest of ft lauderdale
wheresmyskirt

Postby robertmyangel » Wed Aug 02, 2006 07:29 pm

You got my vote, sounds good to me!!!
robertmyangel

Postby nicoleharrison » Wed Aug 02, 2006 08:28 pm

In Palm Harbor (just north of Clearwater) area. Outside of delivering via c-section next week, would love to get together!
nicoleharrison

Postby josiah1112 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 09:11 pm

I would not be able to go too far away, since I have a preemie
and a one year old. Lunch close by could be a possibility but do
not let me stop you all!!

And as you know, Alli, I also live in the Tampa Bay area.
josiah1112

Postby allic » Fri Aug 04, 2006 00:03 am

Hi Gloria! It's so good to be back in touch with you! And I'm so proud of you for making it through the NICU (especially with a toddler)! I was thinking about you a lot! Another good friend of mine, who isn't a member, but should be, had a 30 weeker two months before you (ironic) because of PE.

Nicole, WHEN next week? Are you up for grabbing lunch early next week? If not we TOTALLY understand! Keep us posted. And if I can cook for you guys and drop something over when you and baby get home, please let me know. I can even get some of your favorite take out and bring it to you guys...you'll be pretty busy with baby, I imagine!

Anyone else? We could meet at the international mall in Tampa, maybe. Or does anyone else have any ideas? I'd have to bring the kids most likely, but they love meeting new people. And it looks like Gloria and Nicole will have to call the shots....unless anyone else has a preemie or is about to give birth. [;)]

And those of you who are too far away to meet up with us for lunch in Tampa...how about getting your own lunch date going?

BTW - Anyone have any ideas for our day trip...indoors??? Post it here.
allic

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Aug 04, 2006 08:45 pm

OK, I need a vacation and some extra spending money so I can join you guys at the mall! I would LOVE to take a trip FL and spend some time in your state! :-) You are so very sweet Alli to offer to cook! I wish to help do those things here in Indy! Maybe I need to stop going after the Business degree but go for catering? Or Both?? lol
timelessbeauty

Postby nicoleharrison » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:54 pm

Thanks Alli!

I am having the amnio wednesday and c-section thursday. I can't believe I'm almost 37 weeks!! The week is getting more and more hectic every minute. I am trying to fit in last minute appointments and my 3 year old is going back to school on Tuesday. Basically.,...I am freaking out! But I would love to join you all after things calm down a bit. Feel free to stop by and visit...but you don't need to bring anything! I will email you my address and phone in case you get bored in the coming weeks and want to visit and new baby! :)

Take care!

Nicole
nicoleharrison

Postby allic » Sun Aug 06, 2006 03:57 pm

The cooking thing is something people did for me after I had Colton. When he was born, Doug was in Seattle and I was totally alone, a first time mother with a preemie newborn at home. If someone would have asked me "do you want me to bring dinner?" I would have said no, but let me tell you...if they hadn't, I don't know how I would have managed. It was mostly people from my church, but almost every day I had something warm to eat. It was nice.

You do need to visit. We'd love to take the kids to see the dolphins in "the wild." Please tell your family I said hello. [:)]
allic

Postby josiah1112 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 07:59 pm

Nicole- Good luck on your delivery this week. 36 weeks is great!

Alli- Thanks for your well wishes and e-mails.I am very busy but
I wouldn't trade it for the world! A Saturday afternoon would be the best and around Tampa.I do not know my way around Pinellas County.
How is Aubrie doing? I'm sure you would have plenty of good advice
to give us at the Parents of Preemies board.Please stop by sometime.
Where are you living these days?
josiah1112

Next

Return to Florida